JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been a short year for me this year. Three times out and only one amounted to any real hunting time. Haven't seen a deer when it was legal shooting time. Did see a black bear worthy of shooting, but until then I'd not thought about buying a tag. Taking Friday off for one more shot.

Been a short year for me this year. Three times out and only one amounted to any real hunting time. Haven't seen a deer when it was legal shooting time. Did see a black bear worthy of shooting, but until then I'd not thought about buying a tag. Taking Friday off for one more shot.

Good luck. My Wife's deer hunt opened today but we won't be able to make it out til this weekend.

Yeah, I was only able to get out a couple of times so far and all I got was wet. I did see plenty of elk, so I'm hoping for a good late season hunt and I know where I'm going for elk season, if I have the time.

Ray

Yeah, I was only able to get out a couple of times so far and all I got was wet. I did see plenty of elk, so I'm hoping for a good late season hunt and I know where I'm going for elk season, if I have the time.

Ray

You know how it is Ray, the animals you see while hunting another have become ghosts in the woods...o_O yeah, you see the opposite of what you are hunting....:oops::oops::oops:

Deer and Elk must fear me . They take off and hide from me every time I'm in the woodline.
Must be my reputation of a being a great shot ... Or so I keep telling myself. LOL :)

All joking aside getting out and going hunting is one of my favorite life experiences.
No matter if I get an animal or not , just being in the out in the world and really taking part of life.
Andy

image.jpg So the youngest daughter has been throwing the bambino in the pack and heading out, she's taken many elk, deer and bear by herself,,,
And today she connected. image.jpg
That's my girl!

Deer and Elk must fear me . They take off and hide from me every time I'm in the woodline.
Must be my reputation of a being a great shot ... Or so I keep telling myself. LOL :)

All joking aside getting out and going hunting is one of my favorite life experiences.
No matter if I get an animal or not , just being in the out in the world and really taking part of life.
Andy

Yep Andy, that's what it is all about and filling the freezer is just an added bonus!!!;)

For me,

just North of the Oregon boarder, I got...

I hate hunting on public land! Came close on a couple of occasions, but, no horns and no shooting opportunities. For 6 years now, I have not been able to help my son get his first buck on public land. Not a happy camper! Hoping for a better 'Late Season'!

How 'bout you?

Bill

But you didn't tell us how much the skunk dressed out?:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

Another year and the freezer is still empty. I got to find myself some better hunting areas.

I got myself into some cheaper whiskey. Drowning my hunting sorrows till late season (starting the 17th in WA & runs 4 days). Till then, Here's lookin at you, Buck! :(

I've got myself an excellent hunting spot for Western Oregon blacktail.... and my freezer is empty of deer this year too. Like I said earlier, there is only about a 20% chance of getting one (ODFW data) so don't let it get ya down. Whats 20% mean... is that 1 buck every 5 years? And that would be influenced on what tactics you use and days in the field. Deer season is over in Oregon, I hunted 7 days collectively, and saw several deer every day except one.... thats not bad. I learned a bit more about my tactics over that (and will be re-stratigizing for next year). I'm pretty certain at least 2 of the deer I flushed were bucks... they were the only ones that moved so fast I couldn't identify.

So Cogs, Im pouring a shot of my fav whiskey to toast with ya tonight, cheers to the hunting life and ya filling your tag next year.

Next weekend is our elk hunt.

I really wanted to go out this year but the group was leaving a few days ahead of me so I'd be trying to find a deer camp on a mountain at 2AM after an 8 hour drive.

Plus, I coud easily bag one locally by not hitting the brakes almost every day...So I punted this year and spent the $$ on a new .45ACP pistol.
Shot it 2x already and did get rained on once, if that makes some of you feel better:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

We got skunked in Oregon this year, but we only had a couple days to hunt.

Now I'm up in Alaska, we're waiting for a break in the weather so we can get over to POW and fill our tags. The limit is 4 bucks, but I don't want to ship more than 2 home.

My wife got one with her 4Runner, but it got away.

My son passed his hunter safety course, so I got to hunt with him this season. Many hours of quality time out in the woods. Royce has the knack for hunting, it is the only time he can be still and patient. We had a truly wonderful time, even though no deer were harmed in the father son bonding sessions.
I am proud to have taken him!!

Picked up two Sitka Blacktail this week. My first (and second) deer ever. Really, really happy about it. They're still hanging on the boat, we'll process them tomorrow. Everything is better in Alaska.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top