JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went out to the range to check the site in on my rifles after the move.
I was on my 6th round and noticed something move - Hmmm I thought - looked around - nothing. Went back to the scope and saw somethign again.
So stopped for a minute and just scoped the area. Was someone out there.

Pretty soon 4 does march out between the target and the backstop - coming out of a little gully to the right. Looked around. There were two guys sitting about 20 ft away firing but because of the gully they do not see them.

Absolutely zero fear. They head back over to the right and then after just mozying along they walked on.

Again - It was like they were deaf to the bullets.

I heard they come through the TCGC 50/100 yard range, even with multiple people firing away. An RO told me they had to go out and clang on garbage cans to get them to move on and even then they just took their time.

I have approached several groups that have leased hunting property about using it strictly for target shooting. But they always say I will scare the game away. I think this goes to prove that if you do it enough the game think it isn't a big deal, thus increasing the chance they will ignore the two leggers with the boom sticks.

I used to be a member at TCGC and there is quite a healthy resident Deer population. I remember one morning when the RO first got the the 100/200 yard range they had put sand down in front of the concrete before bringing a new load of rock in and the RO saw fresh Cougar tracks in the sand. Where the Deer are, so are the Cougars!

I now shoot out at Douglas Ridge and there is a Red Tailed Hawk that lives in the area that likes to come down and perch on the 200 yd. target carriers from time to time. We've also had Elk walk right out onto the range.

I live in S Salem. This happens to me all the time on my private range. The deer will walk onto the range while we are shooting all the time. They get used to things that happen in their environment. They will walk up behind us when we are chopping wood, doing construction projects, working on cars, etc.... and just stand there at about 10ft away looking at us with that deer in the headlights look. They have no concerns for their own safety. I think the deer need to go through some OSHA training and Hunter safety classes.

A few months back had a big buck laying down in the parking lot of Clark Rifles. It just didn't want to leave. None of the many shots scared him off. Very strange to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, we were on the action pistol range(Tri-County) a couple weeks ago, does walked right on top of the berm we were shooting in. We waited like 30min., they bedded down.......so we switched berms and they still stayed around for 45min. or so.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top