JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fellas- just got my deer back from Owens Meats in Cle Elum. Hamburger, summer sausage, pepperoni, and German sausage. It is all awesome and I can't stop eating it. Can't say enough about how squared away, honest, and really good at what do Owens Meats is.

I have been very happy with Otto's in Portland. Kinda fun driving into a trendy neighborhood and pulling a bloody carcass out of the back of the pickup. I usually drop off the deer and have a sausage if they are grilling. Great meats too.

I've never found anything to complain about with the meat I've processed. I know just what muscle groups I like to cut and in the manner I like them. Over the years the wife and I have cut and wrapped literally hundreds of Deer, Elk, Bear, cattle, pigs and numerous other types of meat for our self's, family members and friends. Depending on the beer intake ratio;), We have it down to a routine that will take a full sized hanging Elk, to a cut and wrapped product in about two hours. I can't imagine the cost savings over the years, and we always seem to have a good time doing so. We now have those that we used to cut for doing their own cutting at the meat cutting station we have set up, this year they cut and wrapped four nice bulls in about eight hours, and all Mama and I had to do was give pointers now and then, twist tops off beers and pass them around.

I spend too much money hunting, it seems, to pay for butchering. We've done them all here. It's a fair amount of work, but the only cost involved is the rolls for the Foodsaver. We cut it how we want and vacuum pack it. I try not to waste anything, then take the scraps to Shy-Ann for jerky, sausage and pepperoni.

If you've never done it and don't have someone to show you how, buy one of the videos and get to it!

Does it make you fart?
I've always loved the jerky and especially the pepperoni, but man, a tent full of guys eating venison pepperoni at elk camp was pretty tough to take.

I am in favor of learning how to cut your own meat. Not only does it save money but it makes you less dependant on smene else for one less thing. It also adds to the experience. Its nice to know you did everything from buying the tag to shutting the freezer door yourself.

Sportmans meat, Carver. Mike is a stand up guy! Opened his door AGAIN for me this year when i arrived back late (well after closeing) with three bulls that needed hanging. I cut my own meat but he makes my sausage & pepperoni and its always Great. Most important i know the meat is from MY animal and not someone elses.

I heard too many horror stories and decided I needed to start processing my own kills.
One guy said he took his bear in cause he had never done one before and got 3 tenderloins back???? I guess it's normal to just get back the same weight you brought in and maybe not your stuff at all.
I need some practice on summer sausage but butchering is just too easy to let someone else do.
You can buy all the spices you need for all this stuff.Casings and a grinder/ processor ain't that much money at the box stores.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top