JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I fully support ethical hunting.

This wasn't ethical. We know because his shot wasn't a clean kill. Therefore the deer suffered injury. Had it not fought, it might have run off and died never to be found.

Not getting any sympathy for an unethical hunter who takes a poor shot.

That might be a little bit too subjective to say. The majority of big game shots are not one shot stops, which is much harder to do in the field than from a bench. Lung shots are most common big game shot, lethal... but the game will run any given distance till they run out of oxygen or adrenaline. Sometimes they lye down before dropping, the article didnt elaborate on this... I didnt read anything unethical, just a hunter that didnt check it it was truly dead yet.

Ethical hunting is indeed a worthy goal and outlook.
With that said...
No matter how ethical one is and no matter how perfect the shot is placed...Bullets at times can do weird thing when they hit flesh...
Not to forget mention , somethings are out of your control no matter what , like if a bullet fails to perform.
Andy

Every deer, but one, immediately dropped on the spot with one shot.

The one that didn't drop immediately kept moving, but it's back legs were paralyzed. I had to shoot once again and I felt dreadful about it suffering before I could deliver another round and put it out of it's misery.

I wasn't unethical...

I'm haunted by that memory to this day.

Every deer, but one, immediately dropped on the spot with one shot.

The one that didn't drop immediately kept moving, but it's back legs were paralyzed. I had to shoot once again and I felt dreadful about it suffering before I could deliver another round and put it out of it's misery.

I wasn't unethical...

I'm haunted by that memory to this day.

So what then, you have shot 2 deer?

In my hunting experiences , I have had:
Animals drop right there with one shot...
Animals that were hit in a vital spot...but ran for a bit...a bit as in yards...Then died...
And a few animals that when approached were hit well and down...but needed a second shot to be killed...
Not to forget to mention the numerous shots of mine , that were a clean miss....

Always approach a downed animal from the rear....always approach with a loaded and ready to fire firearm...

To be blunt the hunter in the OP made a mistake....sometimes in life , when you make a mistake you will die.
Try not to make mistakes.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top