JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's the natural cycle of things. Terrible for this man's family, but, he died participating in nature. A good death.

agree, and just to clarify Im in no way making light of the gravity of the situation in fact pointing out the reality of the situation. FWIW, Ive had a shot deer charge me. I got a second shot but it was an eye opener. Its not something people think about.

84089258.jpg

agree, and just to clarify Im in no way making light of the gravity of the situation in fact pointing out the reality of the situation. FWIW, Ive had a shot deer charge me. I got a second shot but it was an eye opener. Its not something people think about.
A friend if mine has wrestled bucks on 3 occasions. We're both very wary of approaching anything wounded, especially if it has natural weapons. But yes, I also believe many people tink it works just like Cabela's buck hunt games at bars

Remember that part in hunter safety where they say approach a downed animal from behind?

I think sometimes we can get too excited and want to go up and grab those antlers. A good reminder to make sure they are expired before trying to get your pictures.

Some cold hearted dudes on this thread
Nature is nature. Some are cold hearted and some are stating facts. Where the line is would be dependent on the reader.

A tap with a stick on the eye is a great indicator if they are faking it. Dead animals don't blink.

It is unfortunate the guy expired, he probably got lucky for so many years became complacent and it cost him and his family deerly.

I fully support ethical hunting.

This wasn't ethical. We know because his shot wasn't a clean kill. Therefore the deer suffered injury. Had it not fought, it might have run off and died never to be found.

Not getting any sympathy for an unethical hunter who takes a poor shot.

I fully support ethical hunting.

This wasn't ethical. We know because his shot wasn't a clean kill. Therefore the deer suffered injury. Had it not fought, it might have run off and died never to be found.

Not getting any sympathy for an unethical hunter who takes a poor shot.

I agree. But we are all not perfect all the time. I have harvested a couple of deer that I was unable to make a clean shot for what ever reason and walked up on the deer still alive and had to finish the job. But I would never just walk up to a fresh kill and grab the horns not knowing if it was dead or not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top