JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently purchased a new Boss Buck 200# Gravity Feeder!
Really pleased with it but not with the critters. Although the Deer love it!
Had a couple of things happen to the New Feeder. Never had issues with Hogs before but do now! My wife called me one morning and we had three large pigs and ten very small ones with them! OH NO!
They had evidently knocked over my new feeder during the night and into the morning ate all the corn and chewed a little on the Feed Spouts. I shot two of them with my AR in 6.5 Grendel. Gut shot them so they would go off and die and I did not have to put up with removing them. It was two quick shots as the rest of them ran off. Two days later I shot a single large Hog.
Then my feeder had another issue. I have has some squirrel problems for hear like chewing on my feeder. Had a Moultrie at the time and had to replace the Lid twice. Had a varmint guard on it by the spinner which helped but the racoons would climb and reach inside the guard and sometimes unplug the Solar Power Cord until I fixed that.
Anyway back to the new feeder. Four weeks ago it had ran out of corn. So the squirrels had
Climbed up entered the Feeder Tubes and chewed the dispensing sleeve up. When I poured corn in it, it ran through the Feeder and out on the ground like water! So I ordered some Boss Buck Sharks Teeth to put on the Legs of the Feeder. I put one on the left side of the legs and one on the right side of the legs. And let me tell you they are very sharp. As careful as I was I still got cut a couple of times putting them on.
Boss-Buck-Shark-Teeth-Deterrent-Strips-Silver-0-1.jpg

Here in Tennessee all feeders must be out of any feed 10 days before opening day if you are going to hunt in the same are. I hunt on a Lease in Texas. I feed the deer here for the purpose of providing for them and as at home viewing wild life. I do not hunt them here on my property. Although I have access to around 1400 acres here close to my property I can if I choose to hunt on. They are safe here to graze have their Fawns and be secure on. Hunters in the area probably appreciate that I have the Feeder here? They raise their Fawns on my property every year. Some have twin Fawns every year.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top