Deer/ Elk hunting

Reactions
Planning on having my girlfriend draw the 119a high cascade hunt this year. Kinda looking around the Detroit area since we don’t like to far from there. Any suggestions or tips? Or is there a better place I should focus my time?
I’ll also have an archery elk and deer tag at the same time.

Reactions
The Detroit area has been hit hard by fires the past two seasons and several areas remain closed. Hopefully that will change prior to the 2022 fall season, though currently there are still closures dating from 2020. Keep an eye on it through the Willamette NF website.
Thanks so much for the link!!
I was thinking heading south a little ways looks like there may be some good clear cuts down there. Going to start scouting in the speeding for sure

Koda

Reactions
I think the 119a is a good deal. Its only drawback is its kind of a small area once you dig into it, the 2020 fires didnt help. I dont have much experience hunting those areas but I would focus more towards the McKenzie unit side of things.
Ive been thinking of 119a again but pack hunt into the wilderness off trail and figure it out, if I dont get one then hunt the coast. Problem is Im not going to burn my 10 preference points on that tag.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors May Gun Show
Portland, OR
Rimfire Challenge
Canby, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Redmond, OR

Latest Resource Reviews

Back Top