JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a fish called a Tiger Muskie or Tiger Muskellunge that have been know to eat ducks and small birds - we use to catch them up off the Goliath River around Nipigon Canada. I have seen this fish larger than a mans leg. They are cross between a Muskie and a Northern Pike.

James Ruby

Seems fair, in the DMZ OF Korea the area is covered with old, fallow rice paddys. They haven't been farmed since the late fortys and are just grassy meadows now. These meadows support a huge population of Asiatic deer and the deer feed an astonishing number of the biggest darned eagles you ever saw! You can constantly see eagles diving on the deer and soaring off with them gripped in their talons! It's quite a sight!

There is a fish called a Tiger Muskie or Tiger Muskellunge that have been know to eat ducks and small birds - we use to catch them up off the Goliath River around Nipigon Canada. I have seen this fish larger than a mans leg. They are cross between a Muskie and a Northern Pike.

James Ruby

There is a fish called steelhead that eat them too. Back in the 90's I caught a summer run on the Humptulips. When I cleaned it I noticed a strange lump in the stomach and when I checked I found two small ducklings inside.

I grew up on the Multnomah Channel. Carp would eat a third of the ducklings before they could grow too big to swallow. Yes, fish eat ducks. Little waving feet are just too tempting a lure.

The other morning around 5am there were two young bucks out grazing in my yard, I noticed my cat watching them. And then one started to lick something, and when I took a closer look it was licking a large mouse that my cat killed and left whole. The other buck came over and he started licking it too, just rolling it over and over. I finally thought it weird enough that I went out chased them off and buried the dead mouse.

They never broke the skin, although I'm not sure what they would have done if I hadn't intervened, they were definitely fixated with it. I assumed that the mouse did a lot of running and sweating in its final minutes, and was probably pretty salty, and they were licking off the salt. That was my best guess. But eating the bird... I have no idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top