JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend of my wife's competes in Western style competitions where she shoots lever guns and revolvers from horseback. She uses black powder loads and can do basic cleaning, but at least once a year she has been sending her guns away to someone who can do a complete strip and deep cleaning and make minor repairs.

Is there anyone in the PDX area that she could go to for this type of service? Maybe ultrasonic? She's tired of having to ship her guns off.

She should learn to do this herself.. Not that hard..
Strip all the wood off the firearm. Mix water with Joy or Dawn soap. ( put a couple inches in bottom of bath tub, just enough to cover firearms) let it soak ~1/2 hr. Clean with tooth brush. Empty tub, fill with HOT water(no soap) rinse well. I then dry. Been doing this for years with my 1873 winchester, 1885 Win, Springfield trapdoor, and SAA revolvers.

Another good mix is Murphy's Oil Soap and Windex 50/50. Works well for smaller parts & handguns but filling the barrel with this mix and leaving to soak for a while really pulls the Black Powder residue off. I also use this for a quick barrel swab after 3-5 shots with my Zouave when on the range.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top