JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello fellow hobbyists. I've ran into the inevitable on my last range visit.(Blurry front sight). My question is has anyone purchased a dedicated set of corrective lenses just for your hobby?
I cannot afford to replace my favorite's and attach red dots on them.
Any great experience out there?
Thank you

If you wear glasses or contacts already ask your eye doctor about bi-focal contacts. What a godsend they are!! I'm very nearsighted so I have to wear contacts most of the time. Now I'm to the point where I need reading glasses if I have my contacts in because my eyes can't adjust. With the bi-focal contacts I've almost eliminated my need of reading glasses. Sight picture isn't perfect but it is really good and otherwise I would have to make wholesale changes to get something I could shoot with.

Hello fellow hobbyists. I've ran into the inevitable on my last range visit.(Blurry front sight). My question is has anyone purchased a dedicated set of corrective lenses just for your hobby?
I cannot afford to replace my favorite's and attach red dots on them.
Any great experience out there?
Thank you
Americas Best, glasses store.
eye exam and 2 pairs for like $70.

I was just telling a co-worker today about an iron sight shot I placed on a moving target, at 15 years old.

And I went on to tell her that at 55, without glass I couldn't even find the bunny today.

I shoot with my everyday trifocals. The portion with the correction (or lack thereof) for my distance vision is the band at the top, and it is as good as it gets.

I had a pair specially made with lower correction than my normal prescription. It's a compromise but it works well. The sights are way less blurry and the target is still visible. It's a trade-off but it's usually better than using regular (non-prescription) lenses. A good optometrist should be able to set you up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top