JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Video speaks for itself:

Stop shilling for the cops.

Yep, I've seen the video. There is more to the story than what Grisham is sharing. Yon and I have traded a few FB messages tonite and he is currently scanning his website due to malicious code from hackers. As soon as he has it up and running I'll post his experiences with Grisham.

BTW, go to Grisham's FB page. Why would a guy who set up a legal defense fund because he can't afford to defend himself send his wife and kids on a shopping spree? Hmmmmm? The guy isn't credible. He isn't stable. He threatens folks. He claimed PTSD while in A-stan while being a desk jockey. He doesn't have verifiable paperwork to back up some of his decorations.

Another BTW, wasn't Grisham on a freeway or crossing a freeway when he had his interaction with the LEO's? That's a little different than being on a scout hike on a trail somewhere isn't it? Point is Grisham isn't telling the whole story.

Yep, I've seen the video. There is more to the story than what Grisham is sharing. Yon and I have traded a few FB messages tonite and he is currently scanning his website due to malicious code from hackers. As soon as he has it up and running I'll post his experiences with Grisham.

BTW, go to Grisham's FB page. Why would a guy who set up a legal defense fund because he can't afford to defend himself send his wife and kids on a shopping spree? Hmmmmm? The guy isn't credible. He isn't stable. He threatens folks. He claimed PTSD while in A-stan while being a desk jockey. He doesn't have verifiable paperwork to back up some of his decorations.

Another BTW, wasn't Grisham on a freeway or crossing a freeway when he had his interaction with the LEO's? That's a little different than being on a scout hike on a trail somewhere isn't it? Point is Grisham isn't telling the whole story.

Implying the flame-war between a couple of milbloggers have anything to do with what these Keystone cops did even as they know they are being filmed.

Refusing to release Grisham then not stating a reason for detainment. Good one. "We are exempt from the law"? That's right, blurt that out for camera. Odd how cops are allowed to claim ignorance of the law (in this case, regarding open carry) while violating citizens, whereas us plebians are sent to buttrape prison for the same thing.

When Temple PD releases their BS story, just like cops do every time they are caught with their pants down, we can compare their CYA non-apology with the raw video.

Grisham's lecture to the Temple City Council was given early in March. It is likely that the city government considers him threatening and the police were under orders to arrest him on the slightest pretense. It looks like they took that order seriously.

The real question is, did Grisham actually break any law. The officer can always claim to feel threatened, but the video pretty much disproves that.

We'll just have to munch on popcorn while we watch this play out.

There are two sides to every story. CJ Grisham "ain't all there" folks. He has a serious credibility gap. Michael Yon runs a really excellent blog. He has had run in's with Grisham and has posted about it. I would provide a link but I keep getting malware warnings. Yon has been right on about so many things over the years that I will EASILY take his word over anything CJ Grisham has to say. Everything isn't always as it appears and this especially true with Grisham.

Sorry Kev... Don't give a rat's arse if Grisham is bugsheite crazy, full of himself, or is a poser-chairborne commando REMF... he still didn't break any laws, wasn't menacing anyone, and the ISSUE at hand is the conduct, and (argueably willful) ignorance of those LEO's in this case.

BTW- speaking of "credibility"... did Yon's blog happen to say we had nothing to worry from Obama going after our 2A rights during the last election cycle by any chance? "Some people" around here were espousing that, and they even ridiculed those who said we DID have plenty to watch out for (also added something about being paranoid and racist if I recall). Look how well THAT turned out. (just sayin')

;)

There are two sides to every story. CJ Grisham "ain't all there" folks. He has a serious credibility gap. Michael Yon runs a really excellent blog. He has had run in's with Grisham and has posted about it. I would provide a link but I keep getting malware warnings. Yon has been right on about so many things over the years that I will EASILY take his word over anything CJ Grisham has to say. Everything isn't always as it appears and this especially true with Grisham.

You're taking the side of a guy blogging about it that wasn't there over what you can see with your own eyes?

The problem with America is people like you vote, vote for the people who take our rights and then cover for them, make excuses for them, ridicule people who point out the unconstitutional actions that are being increasingly comitted against us.

You've been here 2 years, 1500 posts, have zero trade ratings, and do nothing but shill for the enemies of our gun rights!

You're taking the side of a guy blogging about it that wasn't there over what you can see with your own eyes?

The problem with America is people like you vote, vote for the people who take our rights and then cover for them, make excuses for them, ridicule people who point out the unconstitutional actions that are being increasingly comitted against us.

You've been here 2 years, 1500 posts, have zero trade ratings, and do nothing but shill for the enemies of our gun rights!

Well said, Trlsmn.

I have lost count on the violations in the video, and add to it the cops wouldnt let his kid leave the car till he answered thier questions!!!!!! I hope they, the cops , and the city of Temple get sued.

I dont see how anyone can or would defend these cops.

I know I for one would have handled it in a diffrent fashion.

Officers like this and how big of a wrong turn that most LE agencies have taken is why most of the good officers have left law enforcement!!!!!

and add to it the cops wouldnt let his kid leave the car till he answered thier questions!!!!!!

Teach your children how to handle situations with law enforcement at a early age ( teen ). There are a few magical statements that you can teach them that can be very helpful in situations such as these. Also teach them that if they are not arrested OR detained, they can simply walk away...

If the kid wasn't under detention or arrest, yet " locked " in a police cruiser.... I would think that is illegal. Wish we had a real attorney on the board. In order to be detained you have to be under reasonable suspicion that you are about to commit a crime, have committed a crime, or during the act of committing the crime. We know this criteria wasn't met as the kid wasn't doing jack...

Anyway.

These cops were out of line and need to give this guy and his kid a public apology at the very least. The government pursuing charges after all this is beyond retarded.

Even if this dude may lack character as another posted, he was treated unfairly and the government is ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

Just my .02

I hope he sues the department and wins.
Leos overreach their power everyday. They are policy enforcers they are not law enforcers. Their soul purpose now is generating revenue for the county.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Just because a leo is a hoplophobe doesn't mean the man carrying the firearm(s) was being at all menacing. The shear fear of firearms confuses hoplophobes into thinking the person behind a holstered or slung weapon was displaying it "rudely", "menacingly" or what other trumped up worded charge the on scene officer wants to dub it or that the carrier was about to commit a crime.

Just because they hide behind a union and a badge doesn't make them infallible, in fact I scrutinize them more than a thug walking down the street. At least the thug doesn't have a multi million dollar law team to back his wrong actions, at least the average thug doesn't have the ability to detain you and threaten you with imprisonment if you don't give into his demands or extortion tactics.

This among MANY other incidents just goes to show the public we can't just give leos the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Regarding the kids and their acclamation to firearms, the social engineers are way ahead of you.

They are working 24/7 to make children believe guns are inherently evil and should be avoided at all costs. They are doing a pretty good job at it also.

When you see an article about some kid being kicked up of school because his Pop Tart resembled a gun, don't laugh. That is very serious stuff. The people that control the government educational systems and decide what is politically correct are focusing a direct attack on kids.

They know that all you need is ONE generation to change the entire belief and values of the populace, and they are working on that generation right now.

Ten years from now, when firearms are likely banned from private ownership, the 5-10 year old kids will be 15-20 and ready and willing to narc on daddy for daring to own one of those evil guns.

A police counselor has probably already been called in to talk to this kid about what his dad 'did wrong' and that firearms are evil instruments (as part of his plea deal).

The future of the 2A lies with kids, and our owners know that.

Texas Police Dept. Provides Statement to TheBlaze on Vet Arrested After ?Rudely Displaying? Rifle (Plus, a Texas Firearms Attorney Weighs In) | TheBlaze.com

"There could be more to the story surrounding a decorated Army veteran who was arrested after being accused of "rudely displaying" his rifle during a hike with his son, but the police aren't willing to provide their side of it. For now, anyway.

"The charge is pending prosecution with the county attorney's office," the Temple Police Department said in a very short statement provided to TheBlaze on Wednesday. Temple is located in Bell County, Texas.

Police Sgt. Gary Smith told TheBlaze that they would not be releasing any other statements or commenting on the matter any further. "That's it," he replied after being asked if he could provide any additional details."

Sorry Kev... Don't give a rat's arse if Grisham is bugsheite crazy, full of himself, or is a poser-chairborne commando REMF... he still didn't break any laws, wasn't menacing anyone, and the ISSUE at hand is the conduct, and (argueably willful) ignorance of those LEO's in this case.

BTW- speaking of "credibility"... did Yon's blog happen to say we had nothing to worry from Obama going after our 2A rights during the last election cycle by any chance? "Some people" around here were espousing that, and they even ridiculed those who said we DID have plenty to watch out for (also added something about being paranoid and racist if I recall). Look how well THAT turned out. (just sayin')

;)

As to the bolded: This thread isn't about me. I certainly have concerns about anyone being illegally detained and disarmed. However, having read some very credible stuff from a very credible person about CJ Grisham ... let's just say that my alarms were going off. Grisham is not what many think he is. I probably won't change any minds but at least read the link provided.

Michael Yon is a former Special Forces soldier and was imbedded with many units in Iraq and Afghanistan. He has literally been in the line of fire in both theaters with noting more than camera. Initially, when Grisham started hounding him he was stateside and Yon was in Iraq. Additionally, Yon hasn't said anything that I've read that would remotely be construed as having an anti-2A position. He is able to get access to folks in the know and not jeopordize operational security.

If you can read this entry to his blog and still feel that Grisham is a totally up front guy with no credibility issues and no axes to grind and wasn't doing anything to invite scrutiny and totally normal behavior then there is nothing that is going to change your mind. Heck, I don't even care if you don't change your mind but I hope you can read this post and at least have second thoughts about Grisham and the potential that he isn't telling the whole truth.

Stalking Soldier Arrested, Disarmed by Texas Police: Some facts, opinion, and analysis

By the way, if you haven't read Michael Yon's blog I highly recommend it. As a former Special Forces soldier he has walked his talk. His writing is excellent as is his own photography. He has given some vivid, can't stop reading accounts of our soldiers in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was one of the first folks to say that getting entangled in Iraq was going to come back to haunt us in A-stan. When he was in Iraq he was one of the first folks to say the surge was working despite posting many harrowing stories from place like Baquba, Mosul, and Sadr City. He doesn't work for anybody ... he is funded by private donations. He has been in personal meetings with Patreus and was invited back to A-stan by Patreus even after being dis-embedded for exposing the warts and scabs of upper echelon decision makers.

Isn't the question not what is legal in WA or OR, but what's the law in Texas? Doesn't really matter if the guy is an A _ _ wipe or how cool Yon is (Personally I like Yon, but he has expressed some anti gun comments and got slammed real hard by his readers, but that is not important here.)

Texas Penal Code 42.01 defines Disorderly Conduct to include:
(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
PENAL CODE**CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

There was a discussion in 2009 on the AR-15 log. A little old, but a good discussion.
Transporting or Carrying a Rifle in Texas - AR15.Com Archive

Now in the video did n't the cop say someone, a woman I think, called in alarmed over the rifle being carried. Not clear where he was exactly walking and doesn't probably matter. If over his shoulder seems not to be a problem. On a single point sling with his shooting hand on the trigger guard, maybe it causes the question to be asked.
He may be innocent, but it's possible the Disorderly Clause allows a Texas cop to ask the question where in WA at least it might not be the same.

Now the cops big mistake was one not being clear, but then I don't talk Texan and maybe that was clear to him, and two grabbing the gun. I would think that's a big time no, no, everywhere unless a criminal act had occurred.

I'm not sure who was right (although I want him to be), but I bet he gets off with a warning just due to the negative press and after all it is Texas.
Butch

Malware warning when I click your link.

Yes, I had the problem last night but no issues tonight. I FB messaged Yon about this and he said that he has had issues with hackers. Last night for a short time the website was down while he scaned it but said despite what Google said it was clean. YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top