JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Decorated Vet Arrested After ?Rudely Displaying? His Rifle ? and Says Officer Pulled Gun on Him in Front of His Son | Video | TheBlaze.com

"Army Master Sgt. C.J. Grisham was on a ten-mile Boy Scout hike with his son in Texas when he was arrested and accused of "rudely displaying" his firearm. Knowing there are wild boars, coyotes, and cougars in the area, he had an AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder and was also carrying a .45 caliber pistol, according to Fox News' Todd Starnes.

A "huge Constitutionalist" and prominent military blogger, Grisham has served tours in Iraq and Afghanistan throughout his 18 years in the military. He was awarded the Bronze Star with Valor for his service.

But on the day he was arrested in mid-March, Grisham says he was treated like a "street thug."

Should the cops have the right to detain you until you answer their questions? A underage person?

Hell No. This kid will remember this incident for the rest of his life. Kid should have calmly stated I invoke my 5th amendment right NOT to answer your questions on the grounds I may incriminate...

Am I under arrest ?

Can I go ?

Repeat....

Or just sit there in total silence after the above statement. Father probably should have done the same but I understand why he didn't.

Dont Talk to Cops, Part 1 - YouTube

I agree, I have watched it at least 3 times myself...:cam:

Yeah man. It slays me, every time I watch reality cop shows it goes something like this ;

Cop catches "bad" guy, reads "bad" guy his Miranda rights and immediately states " would you like to tell me what happened " ? They always do.. Just kills me. Do they even listen to what he just said ? The only time I have seen people say no has been a few on Alaska state troopers.

Alaskans are a different breed... :s0114:

My kids will also say no.

MAKE THESE GUYS WORK FOR THEIR EVIDENCE !

Heck, follow by example. When the cops get into trouble they never talk, heck the department refuses to comment...."We are still under an investigation."

That's because they carry around a little card ( Miranda warning ) and they have read AND understand it where it states " Anything you say CAN AND WILL be used against you, blah, blah ".

What bugs me is yes the guy was with his kid.. he is not hiking around by himself like a stalker. Second he was not braking any laws. He had a CCL or what ever version he needed in that state. He was not in a "Gun Free Zone" Third he is a vet, you don't just try and grab a vets gun. They will instetevly fight you cause that use to be their lifeline, something they took with them every where even to go take a bubblegum. These cops our way out of line. They can NOT ask the child any quesitons unless he had a gardean present. Same thing if a kid was the only person home, the cops can not ask for consent to search a house with out the parent there. I know that a lot of people don't trust LEO's for this reason, which sucks because the ones that I know personally, don't do this to people. There are LEOs out there that totally abuse their powers, and they go un-punished. These LEO's are gong to have some civil problems in the near future, as they should. Being a cop you are there to enforce the law, not make it up.

"you don't just try and grab a vets gun." I tell you right now, I am not a Vet and I do not like any man putting their hands on me. Most cops don't like people putting their hands on them either. Same goes here. Might just be a man thing.

An update on this situation: <broken link removed>

"We're exempt from the law" is not a phrase you want to hear from law enforcement in a constitutional republic.

"In an interview today, I asked Grisham why he thought the officer behaved in this way. "I don't know," he said "It's not the law. You can't go around taking guns without probable cause or a reasonable suspicion that someone is about to commit a crime. A lot of what the officers said is illegal, against Texas law, against national precedent, against Supreme Court decisions. I was legally exercising a right, especially in Texas where we have a right to carry weapons openly, and I have a concealed-carry permit. I wasn't looking to make an issue out of it. I go up to Austin for Second Amendment rallies with my AR [rifle] all the time. But here in the country? Ultimately, it happened because I stood up to a police officer."

That is what really happened!!!! He stood up to a police officer and they cant have that. He must be arrested and charged with something....how dare he.

There are two sides to every story. CJ Grisham "ain't all there" folks. He has a serious credibility gap. Michael Yon runs a really excellent blog. He has had run in's with Grisham and has posted about it. I would provide a link but I keep getting malware warnings. Yon has been right on about so many things over the years that I will EASILY take his word over anything CJ Grisham has to say. Everything isn't always as it appears and this especially true with Grisham.

There are two sides to every story. CJ Grisham "ain't all there" folks. He has a serious credibility gap. Michael Yon runs a really excellent blog. He has had run in's with Grisham and has posted about it. I would provide a link but I keep getting malware warnings. Yon has been right on about so many things over the years that I will EASILY take his word over anything CJ Grisham has to say. Everything isn't always as it appears and this especially true with Grisham.

Video speaks for itself:

[video=youtube_share;A8r4MK3R4PI]http://youtu.be/A8r4MK3R4PI[/video]

Stop shilling for the cops.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads