JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like hammer fired de-cocker guns.
I also do not see the need for a safety on a DA pistol
The DA pull on the first shot is a non issue for me.
But I suppose if you are some uber tactical gunslinger and your name is Roland then C&L is the only way to be seen in public.
Ready at a moments notice to put a cloverleaf on some maniacs forehead and save the day.

And sorry if this is a dumb or redundant question, but at what point would you need to decock? If you've racked the slide, or pulled the hammer back and then decided not to fire? Are those the only cases in which you would do that?

That's pretty much it.

My HK45C and USP9sd both have the safety/decocker lever on the side. You push the lever all the way down to decock and the lever returns to the fire position.
You can carry this way with the longer D/A pull acting like a safety. Or, you can not decock and carry cocked and locked with the safety on. Or you can decock and still use the safety. Your choice. You have three methods of carry. OK four if you chose to carry cocked and not locked. These are all operators choice. You use the method that works best for you and others use the one that works best for them.

HK recently put out the P30 with a decocker button on the rear of the frame to the left and just below the hammer. There was no safety. Folks complained as they wanted the ability to carry cocked and locked. HK put out the P30s. They added a safety. I waited for the newer P30s as I perfer that my carry guns operate the same. I can now carry cocked and locked.

They main reason for for safety's and decockers is that is what the military and LEO are asking for in their specs. The major manufacturers build their guns around these specs hoping to land a contract. We the public end up with guns that fit the contact specs.

My first handgun was a P226 and I absolutely love the decocker on it. I cant speak for other handguns but it did bother me a but that the Sigs don't have any other safety features other than that. After a while i didn't mind at all anymore because it's all about training and safety minded operation. I don't much care for striker operating guns either and do love DA/SA systems with exposed hammers. I cant think of and cons on the decockers because I have never accidentally engaged it on my P226 nor has it ever got in the way. Bottom line, decockers are awesome.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top