JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the beginning of the Atomic
Age!!!!!!!!!!!!! One wonders if these
men realized then, the Power of what they were, or part of unleashing????????????

This came from a retired USAF.

Forest Arden was the chief flight mechanic of a B-29 stationed at Tinian Island . His aircraft was parked nearby to the Enola Gay and he watched the loading procedure of the first Atomic Bomb.

He said that security was strictly enforced and no one was allowed to
approach to within 100 yards! Few had any inkling of what about to
occur. Everyone was astounded at the sudden end of World War II.

This is an unbelievable set of photos - the REAL thing - pix from
Tinian Island as the B-29"Enola Gay" was being

loaded. Notice the "Top Secret" stamp on some of the >
photos. In the last few pix notice the CRUDE sheet metal
work on the casing and fins of "Little Boy" - the bomb
that was dropped on Hiroshima.

http://www.alternatewars.com/Bomb_Loading/Bomb_Guide.htm

That's pretty cool. I've been watching the first 2 seasons of "Manhattan" about the development of the bomb. It's interesting to see the real thing and to see the story of how they were developed.

Got to wander Nagasaki 20 years ago. Stood at ground zero, took in the museum/park, had a couple meals and photographed the whole city from the peak. Interesting to follow up here and see pics of what immediately preceded the big drop there. Thanks for posting.

men realized then, the Power of what they were, or part of unleashing????????????

Forest Arden was the chief flight mechanic of a B-29 stationed at Tinian Island . His aircraft was parked nearby to the Enola Gay and he watched the loading procedure of the first Atomic Bomb.

My dad was a B-29 flight engineer on Tinian. His unit was right next to the 509th. They used to give them a hard time because they saw them as prima donnas who never flew combat missions over the Empire. Dad watched them load Fat Man for Nagasaki.

Brutus Out

Can you imagine over 900 B 29's on one raid into the heart of Japan, dropping incinderary (sp) bombs, setting most large Japanese cities on fie...900, that number is mind boggling.

The American sheep have no idea what it took and the balls our soldiers and airmen had to defeat those Nazi and Nip bastards. They just simply have no idea.

That's pretty cool. I've been watching the first 2 seasons of "Manhattan" about the development of the bomb. It's interesting to see the real thing and to see the story of how they were developed.

Keep in mind that about 80% of the TV show Manhattan is made up drama.

Its one of my favorite shows getting tired of watching cops shows where they shoot someone every show and Doctor shows where everyone is bangin everyone in the on call rooms all the time. Nice to see a show based on something I haven't been watching for 40 years.

Keep in mind that about 80% of the TV show Manhattan is made up drama.

Its one of my favorite shows getting tired of watching cops shows where they shoot someone every show and Doctor shows where everyone is bangin everyone in the on call rooms all the time. Nice to see a show based on something I haven't been watching for 40 years.

Yeah, I kind of figured as much, but it's still interesting. And I'm pretty sure they had their fair share of drama between each other too. And, like you, I am sick of cop/reality type shows. It's been hard for a while now to find much worth watching.

He said that security was strictly enforced and no one was allowed to
approach to within 100 yards! Few had any inkling of what about to
occur. Everyone was astounded at the sudden end of World War II.

This is an unbelievable set of photos - the REAL thing - pix from
Tinian Island as the B-29"Enola Gay" was being

loaded. Notice the "Top Secret" stamp on some of the >
photos. In the last few pix notice the CRUDE sheet metal
work on the casing and fins of "Little Boy" - the bomb
that was dropped on Hiroshima.

Really awesome plane. Dropped the first Atom Bomb. So many people say nuke yet a nuke would slowly kill the world via radiation poisoning.

Really awesome plane. Dropped the first Atom Bomb. So many people say nuke yet a nuke would slowly kill the world via radiation poisoning.

Summer of 2014 I was outside in garden. I heard the sweet sound of radials coming from the south and looked up. B-25 coming over about 2500 feet. Nice. Then the sound of radials I had not really head before and that is because they were supercharged radials on Fifi, the only flying B - 29. Holy sh*t. Never had seen or heard one before.

Quickly got on line, no tracking going on, Facebook nothing, called the neighbors kid who works on the flight line at KHIO, they heard and saw it headed north. It was on its way up to Olympia for some private event. Had some mechancial issue and had to fly back to San Jose for maintenance. Next day at 10 it comes back headed north. I was making phone calls and doing internet search's to see what its schedule was. I was going to drive to Olympia to see it.

There is another one in restoration in Kansas I believe, maybe flying next year.

Summer of 2014 I was outside in garden. I heard the sweet sound of radials coming from the south and looked up. B-25 coming over about 2500 feet. Nice. Then the sound of radials I had not really head before and that is because they were supercharged radials on Fifi, the only flying B - 29. Holy sh*t. Never had seen or heard one before.

Quickly got on line, no tracking going on, Facebook nothing, called the neighbors kid who works on the flight line at KHIO, they heard and saw it headed north. It was on its way up to Olympia for some private event. Had some mechancial issue and had to fly back to San Jose for maintenance. Next day at 10 it comes back headed north. I was making phone calls and doing internet search's to see what its schedule was. I was going to drive to Olympia to see it.

There is another one in restoration in Kansas I believe, maybe flying next year.
That would be awesome to see! Lucky you!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top