Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Decisions, Decisions on AR build

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Brutus57, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I did not pull the trigger on buying a DPMS LR 308 in November as I had some family challenges. I am going with an AR build as more affordable. of course we all know challenges of buying these days. I ordered 2 SKS mags 2 months ago for my old russky and they haven't arrived YET.

Back to AR. Have an Aero lower, waiting for an LPK to show up and am deciding between SAA match SS 16" complete upper and a Rainier Arms CV 16 upper. Price point is within 50 bucks. Anybody have experience with either?

Thanks!

JC:confused:

2. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

I vote for the Rainer Arms upper.

3. hatchj

hatchj Milwaukie, OR Member

I have the standard SAA upper, and I find it's pretty nice. (paid $650 for a complete rifle at the time). And I've heard those black hole weaponry barrels are really good. so that's my vote.

4. Brutus57

Thanks gents, appreciate the input. It may boil down to who has what in stock. I've been kicking myself for months with all this anti gun panic.

Brutus out

5. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Rainier 10 times out of 10 over SAA.

6. Brutus57

Thanks! iamme, I have been in their shop. Lots of high end stuff. Maybe I can get one from them with the Black Hole barrel which I really like.

7. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

I'd go Rainier because they use better barrels. BHW seems to be very very hit and miss.