JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which style would sell easier

• A2 Carry Handle carbine

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Flat Top receiver (w/ A2 Front Sight)

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
I'm finishing my 20" AR build and realised that I've got enough parts to build another rifle, except for a stripped upper receiver.

I'd be assembling the gun just to get rid of it though, maybe;)

My choices are to buy an A3 flat top receiver or an A2 Carry Handle receiver... price is irrelevant.

Which is more marketable for under $700

1. Standard A2 carry handle carbine, full length buttock, A2 carbine handguard

2. Flat top carbine with A2 front sight, a2 handguard & full size a2 buttock

I made it a poll. Let me know what you think.

ar rifles- how is this still a thing?

Maybe its because some of us remember when the AR was the holy grail of rifles... When AKs were $300 and ARs were hard to find & prices pushed $1000...

Now they are cheap and accessible and we can't get enough of them. I still carry a nostalgia for the days when I pined over a nice A2 setup but could only afford a WASR

I may build it and keep it.

The ultimate set up IMHO.
Flat top A3 upper with flip up rear sight. 16 inch barrel with mid length gas block.
Low profile YHM gas bloc. YHM rifle or Specter length hand guard. (Many to choose from).
Passes over the gas block with a flip up front sight on the end of the hand guard.
Flip up sights are back up for main sight system. Heavy barrel for
a scope sight or a lightweight barrel for a dot sight. Some examples.
http://yhm.net/black-diamond-specter-xl-carbine-top-end.html
http://yhm.net/5-56mm-tj-competition-carbine-top-end-w-rifle-handguard-2027.html

I do like those ACE skeleton stocks. I had their ARFX-e stock on my first non-A2 rifle that I built.
loved it.
IMG_20120328_224420.jpg

The ultimate set up IMHO.
Flat top A3 upper with flip up rear sight. 16 inch barrel with mid length gas block.
Low profile YHM gas bloc. YHM rifle or Specter length hand guard. (Many to choose from).
Passes over the gas block with a flip up front sight on the end of the hand guard.
Flip up sights are back up for main sight system. Heavy barrel for
a scope sight or a lightweight barrel for a dot sight. Some examples.
http://yhm.net/black-diamond-specter-xl-carbine-top-end.html
http://yhm.net/5-56mm-tj-competition-carbine-top-end-w-rifle-handguard-2027.html

I always thought the longer handguard on the 16 inch barrel made it look like an uncircumcised penis. Keymods just add more phallic symbols to the equation.

I prefer a 15" rail on a 16" barrel. The extra length makes it more comfortable to hold.

The only time that a long rail makes sense to me is when one wants to mount a bipod on the front of the rifle, just like your photo shows. A long rail then gives you enough extra room to have the bipod mounted up front, and still be able to comfortably hold the rifle.

The only time that a long rail makes sense to me is when one wants to mount a bipod on the front of the rifle, just like your photo shows. A long rail then gives you enough extra room to have the bipod mounted up front, and still be able to comfortably hold the rifle.

True but a longer rail also gives you room to extend your arms. I like to use hand stop.

True but a longer rail also gives you room to extend your arms. I like to use hand stop.

Not at all needed, unless one is doing that new crouching C-Clamp style of shooting that seems to be all the rage these days in 3 gun. I'm old school regarding my shooting position. I prefer a traditional hold. Although I do think that using a vertical grip is a good option too. But it does not need a long rail either.

I don't believe in adding weight that I will not use. But if your shooting style makes use of it, then that makes sense for you.

Not at all needed, unless one is doing that new crouching C-Clamp style of shooting that seems to be all the rage these days in 3 gun. I'm old school regarding my shooting position. I prefer a traditional hold. Although I do think that using a vertical grip is a good option too. But it does not need a long rail either.

I don't believe in adding weight that I will not use. But if your shooting style makes use of it, then that makes sense for you.

All it is is personal perference.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top