JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before any says buy a glock, buy a sig etc. I have all that.
I'm thinking about buying one these guns, but not sure which to buy first or to not waste my time on. I'm not concerned about aftermarket support or holsters. Just something to blow my gift card on that's fun to shoot and generally not in stores, some may say "odd ball". And finding a diamond out of them all. Some may not have many reviews on them, some may have the older generation reviewed.

Might be something I just have to let people to shoot at the range, if they are hesitate in purchasing that particular firearm or just to have to compare to a p10, p320, etc.
Let me know, if you shot any of these or if you shot all of them. Be cool to hear everyone's opinions. Think this would be a fun to talk about, if I go through with one or more and see what I have to say.

1: Caracal Enhanced F (Either 3 dot or Quick Sight)
https://caracalusa.com/enhanced-f/

2: Steyr Arms A2 MF (Medium w/ 4" Barrel)
https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/steyr-a2-mf-pistol

3: Beretta APX A1
https://www.beretta.com/en-us/apx-a1-full-size/

Was starring at the APX A1, because of all the great reviews. But the Steyr has that Halo Magnum pistol vibe to it. Caracal, is basically non-existent on reviews of the current model. So that makes me want to get it to just give it a try.
I handled these all briefly at shot show. However, triggers, I did not want to judge upon these samples. As they could of been hand selected pieces or they're just been ran through so much the triggers are light and smooth.

Main things I want
-Reliable (not fun, clearing malfunctions every round)
-Ergonomic
-Acceptably Accurate (pretty much every gun is more accurate than I can shoot. so whatever lol)
-Good trigger out the box
-*Most important* Fun to shoot!

This gun is just going to be a range gun and something I'm blowing my gift card on. And probably won't be carried. Just looking for a "weird" gun, sometimes I'm tired of shooting my 92s, 1911, and other polymer striker fired. I should say "less common" rather than weird. If I recall, all the guns have LE or military contracts whether current or former models.

Let me know, your experiences!

Last Edited:
Get an old Bernadelli or Benelli 9mm.. Lifesizepotato on YouTube had some cool pistols.
It'd have to be a new production and available. As I am using a gift card to a gun store. It'll have to be able to order it from RSR, davidsons etc.

The store has a account with Caracal and I own on of their CAR816a1 already. Actually is pretty fun to shoot, which is the only reason why the Carcal pistol was a consideration.
Half tempted to buy all 3 to honest and another P10c and M&P. just for shizzles a giggles. Sell anything I that doesnt tickle me right

Last Edited:
Get the APX A1 it's objectively the better 320.

There is some aftermarket for it and mags aren't as expensive either. It too has a modular chassis system. Its optics ready and only $499 but you can usually find them cheaper elsewhere online.

I've got the original APX line and they do well, highly overlooked gem.
I know a couple that bought three for the carry and house guns, they like them. I located a 10 mag package for them, so along with the mags that came with the guns they're set up pretty good.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top