Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

decision made thanks for the input guys.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by jp1985, Jul 30, 2010.

1. jp1985

jp1985 Linn County, Oregon Active Member

delete.

2. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

3. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

Try Gunbroker.com, that should giveyou a starting point. There is a CZ forum that might be more help. If you are on limited funds there are CZ clones, Tanfoglio is one and a good pistol that can be purchased used at a good price. Spad

4. brown-dog

brown-dog pnw New Member

If you are patient a good value on anything comes around. Just be ready to react when it comes, if you miss one or two others will come.

5. brickman

brickman Tualatin Member

I own a 3rd gen g19, sig 229, and a cz75d compact and love them all. The g19 is extremely accurate SAO of course but I am not fond of no safety for carry (I know, I know, finger off the trigger). I have had the 229 only a few months and it is smooth and flawless. The da/sa is very smooth and the da acts as my safety in that it requires a little more effort during a stressful situation. The cz is what I carry at this time. It has the da/sa features like the sig and I shoot consistent and my best with it. The weight has a little to do with my carrying choice. The CZ weighs 26oz, the sig weighs 34oz.
    I don't think any of us can decide on your gun but just give our opinions and there's mine. I believe they are all good choices and I think you did a great job with your research.

6. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

Brickman, I have to go along with you on that. The CZ-PO1 weighs in at 27.4 oz and my Sig 225/P6 weighs in at 26.1, both empty. It is a personal thing, but the lighter pistols appeal to me for carry. I can shove my Sig225 in my pocket, same with the CZ, size matters too. My FNP9 is a good shooter and light but just a little bigger for pocket carry. One other thing is night sights, Tritium Dot night sights are really good. I think a CZ PO-12 or used Sig225/P6 is the way to go. If it feels good in your hand the first time you pick it up. Also try cocking the hammer while gripping the pistol. Take a look at the FNP9, a fine pistol.Bye the way the above mentionedwhen you decock them have a heavier first round trigger pull in D/A than transit to S/A. Hope this gets you in the drivers seat. Spad

7. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

Go with a Glock-19, carry it loaded and ready (an unloaded CARRY gun is just a heavy accessory ) and get a good holster for it. For IWB galco royal guard and OWB Blackhawk level 2. .

8. PDX.DJB

PDX.DJB Roseburg Member

G19 for sure. Easy to find magazines, you can also use G17 magazine, and the 33 rounders as well. You could pick up a used for $400 if you look around NWFA. I have owned a G19, G17, and G26. Best all around is definitely the G19.

9. candyman

candyman Scappoose, OR Active Member