JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would go with the Sig and the CZ a close second. Both excellent guns.The Glock is a good pistol also, but has no safety,the trigger is not a safety on the Glock. Jeff Cooper said the CZ 75 was one of the best pistols made. I own a a CZ PO-1 which I would recommend to anyone. I also own 3 Sigs, 225,225/P6, and a SP2022 all in 9mm. Handle each one and what feels best beteen the Sig and the CZ,go for it. Spad

I like CZ's, but I'd get the Glock 19. At this point it's my favorite all purpose 9mm. Cheap, reliable, accurate, high capacity, and in a SHTF scenario I have a feeling it'd be easier to find Glock mags and parts than anything else. I love Sigs as well, I've owned a bunch, but I can't shoot them very well. Whichever you end up choosing, you're going to end up with a quality pistol. Just like scubadude said, pick the one that feels best in your hand.

Simplicity is a very good thing in a reliable firearm. So if all three feel good to you, I would also recommend the Glock 19. As for it having no safety, as long as you keep your finger off the trigger until you want to shoot, an external safety is a bit redundant. With all of the people offering really nice texturing jobs on Glock (ad other polymer pistols) frames, you can make the grip as tacky or smooth as you want. Also, Glock mags are cheap and very plentiful. I don't generally recommend based on the "SHTF" scenarios, but if you want to shoot a bunch at the range, having plenty of mags and not having to reload them a bunch at the range is a nice thing...

The trigger IS a safety on a glock. Don't pull the trigger and it won't go off. Ive owned all three and I'd say the glock 19 is the best choice. Light, cheap and a study in good design.

I have owned several Glocks and I currently own a CZ75B. If you want accuracy for target shooting, the CZ is far superior to the Glock, in my experience. I loke the glock as an all around no problem self defense pistol. As others have said, its whatever feels good in your hand because that helps you shoot well.
The CZ 75B with some slim wood grips is just magic for me. Also CZ has tons of mods available, like the glock, and great customer service for upgrades.
No bad choices between the three.

Everything else being equal, choose the one that feels the best in your hand.

good advice.

never had a G19 or a the sig228.
i do have a baby eagle cz knock off and i love it but its not light like glock.
had a G17 for ten years and loved it, i sold it and now have a p226.
i love it but its not light like glock.

i would chose a glock 26 if your going to carry it all the time.

All 3 are nice firearms. My favorite is the G19 for the same reasons listed above. Fits my hand, cheap mags that hold 15 rounds, will accept G17 mags and a very very reliable gun.

Good luck, Lefty.

I would go with the Sig and the CZ a close second. Both excellent guns.The Glock is a good pistol also, but has no safety,the trigger is not a safety on the Glock. Jeff Cooper said the CZ 75 was one of the best pistols made. I own a a CZ PO-1 which I would recommend to anyone. I also own 3 Sigs, 225,225/P6, and a SP2022 all in 9mm. Handle each one and what feels best beteen the Sig and the CZ,go for it. Spad

bah...if the glock doesn't have a "safety" neither does the Sig. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

CZ-PCR P-olezia C-hezchslavia R-upublic spelling optional About 26.5 oz 14 rounds. If its for target shooting try a CZ75 SA (single action) and you could buy it from CZ-Custom and have them put in a competition hammer and trigger job with dual adj. trigger. And one of the Comp. sight packages.
World police relied on this CZ 9MM for years till the P-07 or was it the P-01?
Go all metal.

I have two CZ's 75 and 85 Combat. The 75 gives 1.5" spot on accuracy out of the box. The 85 gives 2" groups out of the box. Glock 19 is a different gun from the other two. All are excellant choices.

There is no safety on a Glock, the trigger is not a safety,it is a trigger. Glock does not call it a safety....Glocks are fine pistols. Just don't want to confuse uninitiated people. Spad

I agree there is no MANUAL SAFTY, but there are three passive safeties on the Glock. Having owned all three it really is a choice of which one you like the best, there is no bad choice. For me if it is a range gun, the CZ, for a carry gun the Glock (if you don't like plastic) then the Sig. They all will do the job if you do your part.

Sheepman,Thanks for the better clarification on the Glock. I carry a lot of times in my front pocket and the Glock has such a sensitive trigger I would be afraid of that type of carry. I went with a Taurus PT111 Pro which has a "manual safety" and a Glocklike trigger. I sold my Glock after reading about a lot of accidental discharges, I'd still probably have one if it had a "manual safety". I carry my Sig or CZ PO-1 in my pocket a lot of times,hence I vote for the CZorSig for more versatility carry wise.Interesting the Sig 225 and 225/P6 have a mandated heavy trigger pull when in the de-cock mode for law-enforcement in European countries. Makes sense. Probably should talk about 1911's, that would really stir up some stuff. Ha. Spad

I would not recommend that any one pocket carry with out a pocket holster, in condition 1. For the last few years I have carried a Glock 19 in my hip pocket while working on the property (cutting wood, fixing fence and other work) but it was in condition 3 loaded mag with empty chamber. While I like the Glock, the trigger is just too light to carry with out a holster covering it. Even the j frame that I have pocket carried were in a pocket holster. I will say that in all the time I carried the Glock 19 there was never at time when the trigger was in the fired position when I took it out of the pocket. There were a lot of pine needles and wood chips from using the chain saw but it was always ready to go after I racked the slide. :D

I carry my weapons in condition one (1), as the expression goes,"ready to rock". Depending on the pistol, sometimes a pocket holster, or regular belt holster. I rarely carry my wifes .38 snub.The only exception is when Cowboy Action Shooting, then it is mandatory that you have only 5 rounds in your pistol and the hammer on an onloaded chamber. Spad

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top