JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If anyone's gonna look at a major retailer for a safe always ask the cost of delivery. Dick's (yeah I know ) had a safe sale once and wanted $375 to deliver it! Cabela's is high too i think. Tracker out of Vanc is $150. Liberty I do not know.
Get your friends and a pick up truck and buy a pizza and beer that's how $#!+ Gets done

I had Cabela's put mine in my truck with a forklift .and then I backed my truck up to the front door and me and my sister drug that thing into the back room lol .
There is a old THREAD on here called LET'S GET JONNY A SAFE . WHERE A BUNCH OF MEMBERS HELPED A GUY GET A SAFE .
believe it or not there is members her that would help out if you need it YOU JUST HAVE TO ASK

I own 2 of the Tracker 24 gun safes. They work just fine except if I can now just stop buying more things to put in them......

This ^

I bought mine and thought is be plently big to grow into. Well that happened fast now I need another safe. Dang it!

And I moved mine myself. I have a small trailer, a hand truck, and I'm a pig headed sum a biznitch. Loaded it, and unloaded it by myself.

This ^

I bought mine and thought is be plently big to grow into. Well that happened fast now I need another safe. Dang it!
And I moved mine myself. I have a small trailer, a hand truck, and I'm a pig headed sum a biznitch. Loaded it, and unloaded it by myself.
Have had 3 hand ops and a broken wrist in the last 4 years. Doing myself was not an option guys.

Hey guys I'm looking to get a good safe for my guns and was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. I have 6 rifles and 4 handguns. I'd also like to store a few ammo cans in it. I'm looking to stay under $300 but if it's a good deal I could go higher. Thanks guys!

Some good logic in this video. He recommends a modular cabinet:

A lot of the western stores like Wilco and Coastal carry safes. The best deals I've seen on safes is when one of these has a Black Friday sale on the Liberty Centurion. Best entry level safe available in my opinion, made in the USA, and can be had for $500 or less if you're patient.

Excellent video. Very educational.
Bottom line is, I can't afford a "real" security safe right now, unless as others have noted, I can find a deal on a used one; but I want that Graffunder safe at 12:55 in the video!!! 1.5" plate steel door and 1" plate steel walls/roof! Only $11,600 in 2011. Have to hire a structural engineer to evaluate the ability of the concrete floor to take that much weight! :)

If you can weld and can get some steel at a reasonable price, you might be able to build a steel box inside of an "affordable" safe with perhaps a factory 1/4" plate steel door. Or, weld steel plate or bars to the interior (or exterior) walls/roof of your safe to slow down opening it with a grinder.

If your main concern is fire and not theft, then you could probably do OK with some of the higher end "consumer" safes, but even those may not do the job if your house burns to the ground around the safe.

A local safe store worth taking a look at before you buy - so you can see what a plate steel door looks and feels like: (I'm sure there are other stores also.)
Northwest Safe Sales - Specializing in safes for your home, office and buisness

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads