JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are able to move a safe this is the way to go.

I bought a 4,000 lb (2 ton) safe for my garage and paid $400 for it.

Took 2 of us 9 hours and a trailer rental to move it but it is from 1911 and 8" thick on every side.

5 number mosler - you can't buy this quality anymore.

View attachment 489226
Dude, that thing is not a safe, it's a dang vault!

At an estate sale in Portland I placed a bid on a vintage safe like the one shown above and my $125.00 won the monster.
It ruined a rented pallet jack lifting it up high enough to get it in my utility trailer.
It's air tight, and just trying to open the door takes a lot of pull to open.

Last Edited:
I stopped by the Oregon City estate sale this morning and took a look at that converted bank safe.
The widow has it priced at $1,200.00.
All the prices were way out of line and there's no way they are going to sell it for that price.
I normally don't go to family run estate sales as the relatives place to much sentimental value on things.
Professional run estate sales want the safe to move on down the road so they don't have to deal with it when the sale is over.

I stopped by the Oregon City estate sale this morning and took a look at that converted bank safe.
The widow has it priced at $1,200.00.
All the prices were way out of line and there's no way they are going to sell it for that price.
I normally don't go to family run estate sales as the relatives place to much sentimental value on things.
Professional run estate sales want the safe to move on down the road so they don't have to deal with it when the sale is over.

Freaking estate sales. I've seen stuff priced higher than what you can buy it for new! I don't know why people think their old junk is so valuable. :rolleyes:

Joe13 nailed it and thank you. Ask around. Make connections. Ask your insurance agent. Rent some time with a good lock smith. They know. There are good safes and then there are security cabinets.

For ammo storage and we have a lot, we just use the Wally World on sale thin gauge security cabinets with key. Bolted to the floor. On a related security note do not give our serial numbers and description.

Especially insurance agents. Not secure information. We used to move safes. Quite an undertaking. Not cheap. Lots of things you can do to increase your firearm security. Rich people understand the value of safes.

Rich people understand the value of safes.
It seems you would have to be in order to buy a truly secure safe after watching youtube...
That or know how to weld and pour reinforced concrete with no intention of ever being able to move it!

Maybe I just saw one too many security cabinet advertisements.
:rolleyes:

They have a store here in ANACORTES that's all they sale is stuff they buy from estate sale.
It's called the PREDECESSOR .I got a few deals I also asked if they get safes he said yes but they go fast so you have to be here when they open.
They only open the store about one or two weekends a month

Bunch of chicken hawks. When my grandma passed, her furniture and such went to one of those places per trust rules. They gave $300 for EVERYTHING. And my aunt accepted the offer. :mad:

Bunch of chicken hawks. When my grandma passed, her furniture and such went to one of those places per trust rules. They gave $300 for EVERYTHING. And my aunt accepted the offer. :mad:
Anacortes has three or four of these second hand stores . when my Neighbor passed a few years ago .his family .just had a yard sale .
My old neighbor was a retired from Boing .and a hourder .I bought a lot of tools .he had buckets full of stuff packed away.
Like this lol one table had 37 crescent wrench brand new all the same size .five gallon buckets full of screw drivers .lol

This I got for 80 bucks . nobody would buy it because it would not build pressure.
Mmmmmm I bent down put my hand under it felt around.and bought it .just needed a drain plug lol IMG_20180818_161921.jpg

But you are right about the the chicken hawk thing .but here is the deal like your aunt did.
That's what people do now .
This guy my neighbor .he had worked and retired and had all this stuff .and his sister just came in cleared the house .sold everything she could .then sold the house .to a flipper deal they paid bottom dollar . fixed it up a little and sold it . something he worked his whole life for was liquidated in about 3 weeks

I bought mine off the floor at Tracker safes for about $400. It's a pretty nice 24 gun safe.

Not a Liberty safe but it's pretty nice.
You might check with them for a floor model or over stock
I own 2 of the Tracker 24 gun safes. They work just fine except if I can now just stop buying more things to put in them......

I got my liberty from Cabela's it was cheap because it has the old combination Dial they only had two left when I bought it .now I wish I would have bought both .I had the money at the time .lol

For the OP .
You know Cabela's has a layaway plan you can put some money down and pay it off and get a safe
If anyone's gonna look at a major retailer for a safe always ask the cost of delivery. Dick's (yeah I know ) had a safe sale once and wanted $375 to deliver it! Cabela's is high too i think. Tracker out of Vanc is $150. Liberty I do not know.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top