JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so, my health has not been real good for awhile. I have not been around the NWFA forums or the general firearms "scene" for a year or so.
I am looking around and it seems like all/most the gun shops in Vancouver have closed.
I used to buy through L&L or Brightwater, but they closed, before my health slump.
SW Wa. Surplus and Discount (what a misnomer) Guns was still around... gone now.
Who is still in the area, who is new? Who do you ACTUALLY LIKE?
Just a general purpose gun shop that does actually value customer service. Not a whiz- bang tacticool ninja shop, or pawn shop, or outdoor department store.
I know I can cross the river and do rifles and miscellaneous, but not handguns.

I dig Sporting Systems, big time. I cross the river to them fairly regularly
I haven't been into SafeFire yet, but what I see on social media looks nice

@NWCustomFirearms is a great shop with some awesome used gun prices.

The owner Jon is a straight shooter with no sales be to deal with.

If he doesn't have it, I'm sure he could order one.

If that doesn't work out my second place to go would be Bi-Mart, they all carry handguns now.

I'd go to Sportsmans Wharehouse to touch and feel but probably wouldn't buy from them unless something's on clearance.

I'm a big fan of Dan and Heidi at Sporting Systems in downtown Vancouver. Really great place if you are looking for smaller AR parts that you dont want to pay shipping and handling on. Plus I have had good experience in ordering some one off items there, such as a muzzle device for a 10mm AR. In addition they have a alot of parts that I normally only see online. As for Safefire I have used there indoor range, which was really nice IMO, but didnt spend too much time upstairs in the storefront area...though it did look 5.11 and Magpul centric and pretty good sized. I dont think you could go wrong with either establishment. While I miss the old Brightwater and L&L (not so much for Discount Guns) these two local businesses are definitely worthy of you dollar.

Last Edited:
+2 for Sporting Systems. Luke is way cool! When is the last time you walked into a gun store and were offered a coke or coffee before you even start browsing? Plus they have a workbench you can use to install your scope, assemble your AR and they even have the tools.

Thanks for the replies. I will check them out.
I did not realize Bi-Mart was back in the handgun business. While I prefer to support a local shop, Bi-Mart is local enough. I respect how they conducted ammo sales during the recent stupidness.
Sportsman's is handy to handle something. Sure would not buy there. Every time I see someone (employee) wrist flick a cylinder closed...
Funny how Discount(?) Guns was doing crazy good when every thing was crazy. Then when the panic buyers dried up, MSRP was not so "discount".

Is Sporting Systems mainly "Black Rifle"?

You could say that but they also have lots of handguns. They like SIG! But they are expecting more Kimbers plus they are going to have a lot more GLock accessories. They carry ZEV aftermarket barrels and are planning on expanding to the point that you could customize and totally rebuild your Glock before you leave the store.

Impressive selection of suppressors to.

NW Custom Firearms is my new go to!! Jon is friendly, knowledgeable and great to work with. I would recommend everyone to stop by and check him out if they need anything. ;)

+2:D

I know I posted earlier on this thread but it was absolutely a wonderful experience to chat with Jon, especially compared to what Ive seen at big chain stores, and pawn shops.

Also...

@Velzey, while not in Vancouver is another person I would recommend to any and everyone - and have many times;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top