JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This article is a good re-hash of the use of deadly force in self-defense and the legal morass that very likely would ensue. I can't say I'm a fan of lawyers, but as far as providing good information for ccw newbies, this article (or ones like it) should be part of the primer for knowing what your getting into. For those of us who ccw has become routine this article is a good reminder (it shouldn't be new information!)
https://lewrockwell.com/2016/02/marc-j-victor/carry-gun-america/

good article except the part about carrying in condition 3.
this is the first Ive read from a lawyers advice to not carry with a round in the chamber to prevent accidental discharge. Ive also never heard it was an instant felony if you do have an honest accidental discharge although it wouldnt surprise me in places like NYC.

Yes, good article (with a few reservations as mentioned).

Mandatory minimums were a conservative hobby horse a couple of decades ago. Who'd have imagined it would ever end up being used against conservatives? :rolleyes:

Live and learn...

good article except the part about carrying in condition 3.
this is the first Ive read from a lawyers advice to not carry with a round in the chamber to prevent accidental discharge. Ive also never heard it was an instant felony if you do have an honest accidental discharge although it wouldnt surprise me in places like NYC.
Yes, I agree. There's almost no point in not carrying in condition 2. But he's a lawyer . . .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top