JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Looking for a decent inch-pound torque wrench for rings/mounts/adapter plates.
After reading the 'user reviews' it's hard to settled on something that is 'just right' for my low use hobby level use.

Have been considering the 'Wheeler FAT' set up but $50 seems a bit too spendy on an item that may now see use for than a few times/year.

What you got laying about or what's your best advise on such an item?

Pulling the threads out of an expensive mount or crushing the tube can happen, though for years I did it by hand without any issues.
You're talking specialty application.
Snap-On (in/lb only) here. My buying the brand was not a "snap" decision.
Torque Wrench, Adj. Click Type, U.S., Fixed-Ratchet, 10-50 in-lb, 1/4" drive I picked mine up on ebay like new for $47. Calibration was checked by the local salesman.
Buy quality. Check Brownells.
Suck it up and move on

Last Edited:
1/4 in. Drive Click Type Torque Wrench

This is what I have been using for years. I have tested it against better tools and it gives repeatable results.
If you dial it to say 53 in. lbs it will give the same result to all bolts but not exactly 53 in. lbs. But it works well enough for action screws etc. It is least accurate at its lowest readings [20 in. lbs]. But for its cost it has been a good tool. DR

thanks for the link to the zero-80 inch/pound unit, that didn't come up in my own cruise thru Amazon a couple times.

And while I did find local HF "possible" my search, current spec calls for "13 inch pound" and the HF version started at 20. Nothing else local came close.

The HF version was 20-200, looked adequate for my probable once-a-decade use. Spec calls for 13 inch-pound in current project.
image_24800.jpg

The hf torque wrenches are suppised to be with 4% which is pretty good. Everything ive read is theyre pretty close to that and will stay close if you dont abuse it plus, theyre $10 on sale. Unless youre making a living with the thing. Or want one that adjusts differently, theres no reason to spend more money on one.

I'll keep my eye open on the $10 sale. The biggest issue was even the 20 inch-pound minimum was way too much for the 13 inch-pound spec listed in the install docs.

I bought one of the horror freight units and used it once, and it seemed to work fine. The next time I tried to use it, no click. And, yes, it was stored completely backed off.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.