Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dec. 20, 21, and 22nd

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by ma96782, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm late with this one.

Hey.......the Portland, OR gun show is ON this weekend at the Expo Center.

See the Collectors West sight.

As always.........

Feel free to post your comments about this show. And, post information on your favorite show(s) that I may have missed for these dates.

I have no financial interest in any show.

Aloha, Mark

2. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

My buddy went today, paid the ridiculous parking price and promptly had his truck broken into and his sons Christmas present stolen. A brand new M&P15-22 with 2 extra mags in a really nice voodoo tactical case.
    Yea having valuables in your vehicle is a bad idea but wtf are you supposed to do? go home after every purchase? he was uneasy about it but its a lifted high rig with limo tinted windows and the stuff was under some work gear, they didn't know the rifle was in there, they just figured something good might be and apparently had no fear about any security in that stupid over priced lot. I will never go to an Expo gun show again, for this and other reasons.

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Try making a parking lot gun deal there and you'd have half a dozen undercover cops all over you.

Brutus57 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Benihaus

Sounds about right.

5. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If he left the parking lot to drive the gun home, he would have to pay for parking again when he returned. No discount because you were there already.

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Benihaus - your friend seriously needs to invest in a decent alarm w/ remote if he is going to leave firearms sitting in his truck at a gun show. With siren installed under the hood AND inside the truck under the dash.

I feel for him though. Sad.

A Mobius camera would have probably gone unnoticed and shown the perps, recorded audio also. Maybe even caught their license when they went to their car (1080p HD and less than $75). I have one in both my vehicles running every time I turn the key on to start the truck.

At least he should report the SN as stolen that way if it is used in a crime it won't come back to him.

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

They probably watched!

Sorry about your friends loss! Insurance?

Benihaus and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Benihaus

Yes there is a police report, yes in a perfect world lots of things coulda woulda shoulda. My point is this, you are charged an exorbitant fee to gain access to a parking lot, we all know that lot is watched and scrutinized with a fervor of borderline nazi state Germany, yet in that lot criminals are free to break and steal as they please with no intervention. As someone that has been burglarized and had firearms taken including my daughters first gun (the bastards) I know what he is feeling and it sucks.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Dallas Ken

Dallas Ken Dallas Or. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Agree with Benihaus on this, that lousy parking deal out there sucks. They should have security for the price you have to pay there and they will even give you a nasty-gram if they don't like the way you parked. There are so many alarms going off in cars anymore it is hardly a deterrent, besides all they need is a few seconds and ...gone.
    MY opinion is that show is a total rip-off in all ways, parking, entry and tables full of useless do-dads.
    Nothing but a money maker for the promoter...........Really sorry to hear about the break-in.

Bet your sweet a-- I wont be there today...or any other day.

And a Good day to you Gents

10. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

I would recommend making a vigorous complaint about the lack of security to the organizers, venue and PPD. If nothing else, it can be cathartic.

elsie

11. CWI guy

CWI guy Portland Member

sorry to hear about the break in. Any break ins should be reported to portland police and to EXPO OFFICIALS.

12. walletclan

walletclan Upper Left Corner Member

I went last weekend and I was disgusted by what I saw. I was at a booth talking to the booth owner when a buddy of his ran up to him with 3 bricks of .22lr that he had just bought. He discreetly handed the bricks to the booth owner who promptly put them up for sale at his booth. The owner made a comment to his buddy along the lines that this was business and it's about profit and if the guy who sold the ammo didn't like it he should raise his prices.

Now I am all for businesses making a profit, but screwing another business owner at a show for a couple of dollars, literally, is just bad form. I gave the booth owner of knowing look of disgust and we walked away.

I won't say who did this but I hope he is reading this. The entire shady way it was done tells me this guy has no sense of ethics. He is also an ego maniac, but that is a story for another day.

13. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Wow, these are the scum you never let know you prep. They'd sell grandma for a buck, the parasites.

Sheesh!

Brutus Out