JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The "tumble deburr" process is used on lots of manufacturing operations. That's pretty much all the "polish" that a Kel-Tec pistol receives.

The difference is that they use a media to enhance the process. Steel shot, ceramic beads, or other fairly hard items are used to knock off the burrs, not the part itself.

I have gone to Stainless Steel pin tumble media for all my case processing. For .223 brass I de-cap, size, and Trim, all in one operation on my Dillon XL650 using a universal depriming die (station #1) and a Dillon Rapid Trim (station #4) all mounted on a separate tool head. From this process I then put all the cases into my tumbler (rotary, not vibrator) with stainless steel pins, Dawn Dishwashing Detergent, and a water softener/surfactant (Lemi-Shine). When the cases come out of the tumbler they are clean inside, outside, and in the primer pockets, with any remaining burr gone. On this note, the Dillon Rapid Trim, with a sharp carbide blade, leaves an almost negligible burr that needs no attention unless you are one of those that inspect every case with a Jeweler's Loupe.

I then change tool heads for loading with a Lee Collet die in Station #1. The Dillon Sizing/trimming die that's part of the Rapid Trim only compresses the neck, there is no expander so the case necks need to be expanded. I choose to use the Lee Collet Die because it needs no lube. Since I only need to expand the case necks I set the die so it just barely touches the case neck from the outside as there is no need to compress the neck any more.

This gives me finished rounds that have no lube remaining. No need to give them that 15 minutes in the tumbler to "de-grease" them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top