JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is what it is, Cons are cons and take what they want any time they think they can get away with it.

How much GOLD do you have around your neck or teeth?
Chance = Gain, and your life don't matter.
Silver Hand

Just sayin - Did you ever see someone anyone, in law enforcement carry open- Off Duty?

Last Edited:
It is what it is, Cons are cons and take what they want any time they think they can get away with it.

How much GOLD do you have around your neck or teeth?
Chance = Gain, and your life don't matter.
Silver Hand

Just sayin - Did you ever see someone anyone, in law enforcement carry open- Off Duty?
No, I've never seen that.

My dad did and still does after retirement. Of course, he lives in Montana and never had to draw his weapon as a law enforcement officer there or in WA. My how times change. :)

My dad did and still does after retirement. Of course, he lives in Montana and never had to draw his weapon as a law enforcement officer there or in WA. My how times change. :)

The most dangerous thing that ever happened to me in Montana was an American asked me for money as I left the diner after breakfast and he looked like he needed something fixed real soon.
I love the state! The High line was the last ride taken on my Harley and I have traveled the state at least six times throughout my life just for that reason. It is beautiful and never the same way twice.
Wanted to live there but did not think it possible coming from lower NY in the 1970s. Weather, culture, no jobs, I went to Oregon and it was not that much better.
Silver Hand

I was really, REALLY tempted to start running my suckhole in this thread but decided against it.....I'll keep my comments to myself and to those who know me....

I didn't read all the posts. Didn't see where the OP lived.

I lived in Cody for a while, OC'd a lot there. Nobody cared, even tourists (of which there were a lot), I guess because they expected to see guns in Wyoming. Generally it depends where you live as much as anything. Eastern Oregon in small towns, why not? Some times it is hard to act free; but when it is not hard, then act free. If you don't, when you could, then some day you won't have the option at all.

Some times it is hard to act free; but when it is not hard, then act free. If you don't, when you could, then some day you won't have the option at all.

When it IS hard to act free, and you do it anyway and in a respectful but resolute manner, THAT is patriotism. The system will only allow me to like your post once. :)

I "SUBTLE CARRY" That is it is on my hip in an OWB under a jacket but can be seen on occasion of going into my pocket etc.
I Alaska we have the option of any carry.
HOWEVER when I'm hiking, hunting etc in the wild n woolies I have a chest carry holster that converts to a cross draw.

I do not think there is a hand gun cartridge in the world, I Myself would want to confront a Grizzly with!
Nothing less than 250 grains of lead from a short rifle is what I would think as an absolute minimum.
I guess something is better than nothing.
Silver Hand

I do not think there is a hand gun cartridge in the world, I Myself would want to confront a Grizzly with!
Nothing less than 250 grains of lead from a short rifle is what I would think as an absolute minimum.
I guess something is better than nothing.
Silver Hand
I took a class a few weeks ago and the instructor asked us if we thought we could take down a bear with a handgun? Most of us said no so he asked us what about a 400 pound bear? 250 pounds? 150 pounds? His point was that if you feel safe carrying your pistol to defend yourself from 150-400 pound humans, why not a bear?

I took a class a few weeks ago and the instructor asked us if we thought we could take down a bear with a handgun? Most of us said no so he asked us what about a 400 pound bear? 250 pounds? 150 pounds? His point was that if you feel safe carrying your pistol to defend yourself from 150-400 pound humans, why not a bear?
See now that is a good analagy. If you are shooting a 300 pound man that's full of drugs,it could end up the same as trying to shoot any bear

I don't open carry unless camping or out in the woods. If I did open carry in public, it would not be without a retention holster. But, I am not going to do it anyway, so why am I even posting? o_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top