Debate raging in the UK over whether Police should shoot to kill Terrorists

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related News' started by Lance Jacobs, Jun 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs
    South Willamette Valley Oregon

There is currently an intense political debate going on in the UK, over how the British Police should deal with terror suspects. Some people are upset and speaking out after it was recently revealed that officers now have the OK to shoot to kill.

Some people in the current opposition Labour Party are opposed to shooting terrorists on sight, with the intention of killing them.

What should police officers do, when they confront a terrorist? Here is a news report:

Terror attacks: Corbyn opposes shoot-to-kill, Cairns claims - BBC News

And here is a video of the current Conservative Prime Minister of Britain, defending the government's policy of shooting to kill Terrorists:

jrd541280 and Alexx1401 like this.
  2. armabill

armabill
    Glenolden, Pa.

If the terrorists are shooting at people, the police should be able and allowed to shoot back. If the police kill the terrorists, then the police wouldn't be able to get any intell from them.

3. woody06

woody06
    Southern Oregon

Killing is the only way to effectively deal with someone who is willing to strap on an explosive vest and blow themselves up in order to kill you.

nammac, jrd541280 and Alexx1401 like this.
  4. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It is difficult enough to hit someone , anywhere , when you are being shot at yourself.
    Debating over whether to "shoot to kill or wound" is pointless... And is usually done by folks who have never been shot at or shot someone.
    The terrorists will not have this debate ... They simply want to kill as many of us as they can.

As far a intelligence gathering goes ... I would be willing to bet that average terrorist does not know much other than the immediate members of his cell and their plans.
    Note I was in several LRRP / LRSD units while in the Army and I do understand the value of intelligence gathering.... So I am not adverse to the idea ... Just not sure how much intelligence you will get from the guy one the ground.
    ( And yes I know every bit is a part of the puzzle... )

So shoot back , if they are killed then fine ... if wounded and we get some useful information then fine as well.
    No need to debate this matter ...
    Andy

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    pakrat57, Dungannon, albin25 and 7 others like this.
  5. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

the UK is way ahead of most of the US in liberalism. This is what liberalism does, leads to mental disorder. These people who believe the Police should treat terrorists "nice" really are mentally damaged.

albin25, nammac, No_Regerts and 2 others like this.
  6. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint
    Portland

muslim terrorist should be castrated, after they heal up then put to death!

while they heal let those sick religious bastages wallow in their own self pity they got nothing for those supposed 72 virgins they have all been lied to about

7. Medic!

Medic!
    What just happened?
    Pain in the neck. Bronze Supporter

If there is no greater gift a man can give. Than his life for another.

Then asking another to give his life. So I can maintain my misguided ideas. Must be the lowest. o_O

8. teflon97239

teflon97239
    Portland, OR

When it comes to killing terrorists in UK, it seems to me the only debate should be whether or not to gut them and transport them on the bonnet of the patrol car once they're dead.

9. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Crapper Gunsmith

Of course, a party WOULD object to killing its core constituents even if justified... and the fact that this is even a serious debate over there shows how far gone the UK is.

albin25, Medic!, nammac and 1 other person like this.
  10. jrd541280

jrd541280
    tri-cities

Debate? How do you capture an armed terrorist on a killing spree? How would that have worked at the baseball practice?
    Shoot the bustards, if they live waterboard em:mad:.

11. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Crapper Gunsmith

Time to reopen the Tower for business, I humbly suggest...

12. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

While I agree with most of the sentiment expressed here, and I do agree that the threat should be nutralized...

I would recommend one additional step, all rounds carried by the police should be subjected to a good hearty rub along a slab of bacon before being loaded into magazines for use...

This will result in said rounds interrupting the fulfillment of Allah's call to destroy the Infidels as well as void any contact with the promised 72 year old virgin...

Diamondback and jrd541280 like this.
  13. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Crapper Gunsmith

And maybe use bacon-grease as CLP in the mags to ensure there's payload for delivery.

nammac likes this.
  14. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington

Fixed it!

nammac likes this.
  15. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Crapper Gunsmith

OK, how 'bout "Terrorists will be SHOT, survivors rendered to Mossad for Enhanced Interrogation"? :)

nammac likes this.