JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think if you settle on something that isn't what you really want because it's a little bit cheaper, then mod it to make it something it isn't you probably won't be happy in the long run. I found it more expensive to settle, sell shortly after at a loss and then re-buy what I really wanted then it is to just save a little bit and buy what I really wanted in the first place.
I do agree that it is more expensive to settle. However I am a fan of the XD models and the M&P models and there it always something I do to all my gun I get cause there's always something that doesn't come with it that I want or want to modify. I do plan to get one of the 1911 models eventually but budget is king. That being said, if I manage to find one of the EAA Hunters I might just go for that if the price is right. My only downside to this is 10mm mags are hard to find.

1. Not a Croatian Sensation fan
2. Never warmed up to the M&P
3. G20 - yes....smooth shooter
4. SIG X-Ten - best 10mm striker fired

When I was buying my X-Ten, my FFL said...
"Crap, I just bought the XDM 10mm. I wouldn't have if I knew this (X-Ten) was coming out."
That's funny. I thought the X-Ten was hot garbage

An for those that listed the Springfield XTen, it was one of the options I considered but haven't been able to find any extra mags available or in near future. Though I did find several places that have the XTen instock to get.

I do agree that it is more expensive to settle. However I am a fan of the XD models and the M&P models and there it always something I do to all my gun I get cause there's always something that doesn't come with it that I want or want to modify. I do plan to get one of the 1911 models eventually but budget is king. That being said, if I manage to find one of the EAA Hunters I might just go for that if the price is right. My only downside to this is 10mm mags are hard to find.
There a tangfolio hunter 10mm in the handgun classifieds, just a fyi

So I finally got my gun out of the Purgatory that is the BC system right now.
I had decided to go with the Springfield XD-M Elite Match OSP 10mm with a 4.5" barrel, META Trigger and the slide & grips in Magpul OD Geen, plus optic ready.
I did manage to find some others that people listed and are a little better. However cost was a factor so couldn't get the higher end one I wanted (Kimber 1911 Gov.) and yes I did find one.
Before anyone asks, yes I could have got the Kimber, but the wife decided she wanted a 10mm as well. The XD-M Elite was my second choice and she fell in love with it also. Bonus was it was about half the cost of the Kimber so both me and the wife got one, she went with all black.

Sig P220 Legion of course.;)

I have a S&W 1006 , 1076 , 610-2 and a CS40 with a spare slide and a 10mm barrel . I recently bought a 1911 6in 10mm Iver Johnson , nib , at an estate sale for a friend . I have to say it's really accurate and that extra inch makes a difference . I really like the 10mm and am always on the look out for another . Someone posted about the Tanfoglio , which I second . I have a Witness Stock III in 38Super and they are great under rated guns .

I was all hot and bothered to get the EAA HUNTER. My local dealer said that they have had zero issues with their EAAs. He was able to get me 1 at a price better than anywhere else.

At 15 yards, on a full size B27, it was barely able to hit the bottom of the paper. Yes, I adjusted the rear.
I was planing on installing a pistol scope, so ... whatever.

After exactly 115 rnds of basic SB 180 fmj, the firing pin retaining plate dropped and jammed the gun.

EAA doesn't pay for shipping. I sent it back with my complaints and they did nothing about the accuracy.

I wish that I had saved up for something better.

I have 3 10mm handguns ;
-Springfield Armory XD(M) Elite 4.5 Black/OD Green , the one that Sportsman's sells exclusively. Added a Red Dot - no issues. Really accurate and consistent.
-Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 4.6 inch OR ( flat trigger , not the older jointed trigger one). Looks really cool but I can't shoot consistently with it. Trigger is gritty too. Could just be me but ... took it out 3 times so far ~ 200 rds. Tried different backstops, Red Dot is tight, etc. I'm puzzled.
-Kimber 1911 Custom II TLE/RL Just got this one and it's fun to shoot. Recoil isn't too bad, definitely not a 9mm.

I hear there is a Gen 5 Glock in 10mm now. That's interesting!

I have 3 10mm handguns ;
-Springfield Armory XD(M) Elite 4.5 Black/OD Green , the one that Sportsman's sells exclusively. Added a Red Dot - no issues. Really accurate and consistent.
-Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 4.6 inch OR ( flat trigger , not the older jointed trigger one). Looks really cool but I can't shoot consistently with it. Trigger is gritty too. Could just be me but ... took it out 3 times so far ~ 200 rds. Tried different backstops, Red Dot is tight, etc. I'm puzzled.
-Kimber 1911 Custom II TLE/RL Just got this one and it's fun to shoot. Recoil isn't too bad, definitely not a 9mm.

I hear there is a Gen 5 Glock in 10mm now. That's interesting!
This is my M&P 10 off a bag at 25 yards with my hand loaded 180's cruising at 1300 fps. I absolutely love this gun. I did find my groups improved dramatically after installing a 22lb Wolff recoil spring and guide rod. Could just be psychological but my groups really tightened with the hot loads after the spring upgrade.
The grit in the trigger is from the firing pin block plunger. I took mine apart and polished the plunger and the bore it runs in and now it's like butter.

3ECE8556-105A-4A69-A540-1C3B1D9EBFC5.jpeg

This is my M&P 10 off a bag at 25 yards with my hand loaded 180's cruising at 1300 fps. I absolutely love this gun. I did find my groups improved dramatically after installing a 22lb Wolff recoil spring and guide rod. Could just be psychological but my groups really tightened with the hot loads after the spring upgrade.
The grit in the trigger is from the firing pin block plunger. I took mine apart and polished the plunger and the bore it runs in and now it's like butter.

View attachment 1356915
HDR,
Looks like the compelling evidence is there, can't argue with success. In my case I'm not sure if it's operator error (as in me) or what the heck is happening. I'll check out the recommendations you mentioned, based on your 25 yards results, seems like it's well worth time to do ...

Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 4.6 inch OR ( flat trigger , not the older jointed trigger one). Looks really cool but I can't shoot consistently with it. Trigger is gritty too. Could just be me but ... took it out 3 times so far ~ 200 rds. Tried different backstops, Red Dot is tight, etc. I'm puzzled.
Try the Apex trigger, they're fantastic

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top