JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
a pack of 3 raccoons killed one of our baby Emden geese right off the porch at one this afternoon

they scattered when my son ran out, but to late

DEATH TO ALL RACCOONS

our Tony Kidd 10/22 is going to get a workout - loaded with mini mag hollow points - red dot scope zeroed for 50 yrds - can hunt at night with this setup

have a hand held night optic to search them out after dark

DEATH TO ALL RACCOONS

10_22 Carbine_1.JPG

a pack of 3 raccoons killed one of our baby Emden geese right off the porch at one this afternoon

they scattered when my son ran out, but to late

DEATH TO ALL RACCOONS

our Tony Kidd 10/22 is going to get a workout - loaded with mini mag hollow points - red dot scope zeroed for 50 yrds - can hunt at night with this setup

have a hand held night optic to search them out after dark

DEATH TO ALL RACCOONS

View attachment 1228269
Better get them all.
They remember better than Crows.
They work in gangs. In numbers - they have no fear.
They have thumbs.

Good luck.

I was once told they are nocturnal animals, but we see them all the time during the day

for the next month or so, my son and I will carry the Ruger anytime we go out the door

will set a live trap on their trails every evening - not that they're going to get out of the cage alive if I get one

protection of livestock on private property is still an obligation to us

I was once told they are nocturnal animals, but we see them all the time during the day

for the next month or so, my son and I will carry the Ruger anytime we go out the door

will set a live trap on their trails every evening - not that they're going to get out of the cage alive if I get one

protection of livestock on private property is still an obligation to us
Probably rabid. They need the old yeller treatment

I had a pet rescue racoon kit as a kid.
Coolest pet in the world - until they hit puberty.
Almost worse than chimps - I'm told.

I still carry a 6" scar from the little bastard.

That is not a raccoon, that is a demon. You should upgrade to centerfire rifle.
I have problems with ARs under 35 yrds
with the high scope mount, one tends to undershoot a that range - I've missed several snap shots at that range
the 10/22 is dead nuts on at short range
never underestimate the power of a .22LR hollow point out of a rifle
not so a .22 pistol

I have problems with ARs under 35 yrds
with the high scope mount, one tends to undershoot a that range - I've missed several snap shots at that range
the 10/22 is dead nuts on at short range
never underestimate the power of a .22LR hollow point out of a rifle
not so a .22 pistol
12ga will probably do the trick.

I mentioned I had a (semi) soft spot for raccoons...

But even this guy's antics freak me the f@ck out.

I'd rather play with IED's.

edit: But then again - this guy might be on to something. He's obviously surrounded by the enemy and has adjusted his life style accordingly.

Raccoon Man and his friends have your house surrounded.
They are here to discuss the terms of your surrender.

There is a rabid bunch of raccoons at Ft Stevens near the yurts. We stayed there one night and they were fighting with each other and trying to steal our food. We also had run ins with raccoons at Devils Lake Campground in Lincoln City. They made off with loaf of bread before I taught them a lesson with my improvised fishing pole whip.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top