JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I PASSED OUT on a picnic table WTH my leg hanging over the side DRUNKIN BASTARD TRIED To go to town on my leg I didn't get the 5 finger discount I was to shy & got in the wind 11289653-61A9-40D2-BE18-BE1BF8AEC5E4.jpeg
Fixed it for ya

I've got a few racoon stories.
Once in Big Trees state park in California me and my buddies saw a passel of raccoons trying to get a baby left to itself in an automatic swing just on the edge of their firelight. There were about 12 of them and when we ran them off they were pretty snotty about it and left with great reluctance.
Well, we were heavily armed so nonchalantly drove/followed them down a big wide path and when they were in a safe spot murdered them all. Every single one.

I read that some idiot brought them to the NW in the '30s for commercial fur farming
a couple breading pair got out and now they are invasive rodents in Oregon and Washington
haven't seen any in our area yet
i dont know about how they were introduced into the PNW - im sure the wikipedia article contains that info - but i do know you are correct ... they are invasive literally everywhere in the world except south america iirc

i dont know about how they were introduced into the PNW - im sure the wikipedia article contains that info - but i do know you are correct ... they are invasive literally everywhere in the world except south america iirc
Washington state has a web page on them

Washington state has a web page on them
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife recommends that property owners contact a state-licensed trapper to capture and remove the animals. Any live-trapped nutria must be euthanized and not returned to the wild or transported within the state.

or a Ruger 10/22 should work just fine

The imported Nutria were released into the wild after the market tanked.

I read that some idiot brought them to the NW in the '30s for commercial fur farming
a couple breading pair got out and now they are invasive rodents in Oregon and Washington
haven't seen any in our area yet
right. They were brought here deliberately. As were muskrats. I think the nutria are only in maritime Oregon and washington. They have a tendency to burrow into banks and dikes and often destroy them. They can be major agricultural pests if near vegetable crops. They are vegetarian, but can reach 30 lbs, are fierce, and can take on and whip most dogs, even ones much bigger. Supposedly tasty. A friend of mine near the Willamette river traps them in and near his vegetable fields in live traps, dispatches them with a .22, and eats them. He confirms they are tasty.

Like me, he doesnt want to harm cats. Pets or feral. They are valuable to vegetable growers as they clobber mice, rats, voles, and gophers.

Last Edited:
I hit another one tonight with a .22 LR and it still ran off

I'm going to refocus the LPVO scope on my AR for 15' and see how these self defense Winchester PDX 5.56 , doesn't penetrate sheetrock, blow Raccoons in half ammo work

20201013_121920.jpg P1030923.JPG

I didn't know nutria were this far north
we had them in Louisiana back in the '60s
they used to come into the yard after dog food
back then, one could shoot in your own yard with a .22
nothing but pecan groves behind us
Lol.
The area directly between our state Capitol and the governor's residence is infested with nutria. Oddly fitting, gigantic rats ..living and working alongside giant rats.

I've got a few racoon stories.
Once in Big Trees state park in California me and my buddies saw a passel of raccoons trying to get a baby left to itself in an automatic swing just on the edge of their firelight. There were about 12 of them and when we ran them off they were pretty snotty about it and left with great reluctance.
Well, we were heavily armed so nonchalantly drove/followed them down a big wide path and when they were in a safe spot murdered them all. Every single one.
48f7yy.jpg

he will make sure it was the day before garbage pick up instead of a a day after (in California heat they get pretty ripe by six days)
Black plastic trash bags, AKA raccoon body bags. Tied tight, the stink stays in the bag.

DEATH TO ALL RACCOONS.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate animals. Those that leave me alone, I leave alone. Rabbits for instance, we have lots of them around here. They don't bother me. Now if I was raising vegetables, that might be a different story.

No nutria in my neighborhood but we have some mountain beaver. Which isn't a beaver, it's a big rodent. They dig holes around where you may not want them. I've killed them before with a shovel, takes more than one whack to do the job.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top