JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Went to a restaurant yesterday here in Vancouver, when they went to seat us in the bar area I told the wife I can't go in there. Wife said to put the gun in the car, then turned to the waiter and told him I was carrying a gun and couldn't go into the bar area with it!! Good thing he wasn't a liberal or he could have called the police and caused me a bunch of trouble even though I left both guns in the car and came back in to eat.
Guess I need to have a chat with her about it!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Dang man!
That's a talk you have before marriage!

I've had friends pull crap like that when out in public being stupid and ignorant. My wife knows better. She used to always give me crap about carrying. Until newtown, and clackamas town center shooting.
Then she would ask if I was because she wanted me to.

The thing about conceal carry, no one is supposed to know! All it takes is one crazy lib to call the cops or make a scene.
What if someone heard it and saw what car you went to and came in, smash and grab now someone has a nice gun and your swinging your wife's purse.

Glad the incident turned out so mellow for you!

Several years ago, here in NE PDX, a policeman and his wife were drinking with friends in a bar. A couple of armed robbers entered and announced a holdup. Cop's drunk azzed wife yells, "Why don't you shoot them with your gun!" Robbers instantly opened fire, killing the officer!
My chats with my wife, who I adore, tend to the more brutal "Gun in public, shut your hole!" Our only conversation that's a command rather than a request!;)

Last Edited:
:s0002: If it was a slip up. I would just reiterate the need to not mention the gun.

I would not stay with a person that undermined me. And this goes for anything. Not just guns.
I need my wife to be my partner. Just like I need to be her partner.

Some couples should separate long before they do. They can become quite adversarial toward each other.
They actually try to hurt and embarrass each other in little ways. And this can get you killed, hurt, or arrested.

So ask yourself. Is she trying to bring me harm on purpose? If the answer is yes. Then cut your losses. And get away from her. Or don't go anywhere with her. Don't do anything with her. And get a good lawyer.

Great sounding relationship. Right?

Im actively seeking a woman who carries daily. My last didnt and it obviously didnt last. Its REALLY foreign to women in my age bracket.
Most are nose ring wearing, cat owning vegans.

When I say I cant go somewhere or do something due to my beliefs
(daily carry/defensive lifestyle)
I have to remind them I cant or wont go into certain places due to the law or policy against firearm owners.. Which thankfully ain't many I visit often.

Im actively seeking a woman who carries daily. My last didnt and it obviously didnt last. Its REALLY foreign to women in my age bracket.
Most are nose ring wearing, cat owning vegans.

When I say I cant go somewhere or do something due to my beliefs
(daily carry/defensive lifestyle)
I have to remind them I cant or wont go into certain places due to the law or policy against firearm owners.. Which thankfully ain't many I visit often.

There are some out there, it's just that those types of gals get snapped up pretty quickly. Guys know when they've found a good one and don't want to let her go. Good luck in your search. Maybe they need to throw up WTD (Want to Date) section in the classifieds here - folks would be a little more assured that the person they meet would be pro-gun ;) I can just see the ads now:

WTD Oregon: I'm looking for a nice girl, should be broken in but without too many rounds down range. Pro-gun a must. Bonus points for lifetime NRA members and OFF supporters. CHL holders will be given preference. Looking for long term commitment and someone who can help clear a house when something goes bump in the night. MAGR's and vegans need not apply.

Meeting will be FTF, will not travel more than 20 miles from my home. Text me a photo if you're interested. Bring your CHL and carry piece for inspection.

Now that I type that out as a bit of a tongue-in-cheek joke, I kind of wonder if there may not be a glimmer of real need for some folks on the forum in there? Either way, good luck in your search, it's probably not an easy one in this neck of the woods, but I don't think it's impossible.

My wife is fine as she carries every day. She gets it.
My best friend on the other hand doesn't get it. We've known each other for years. We served in the infantry together and did 2 tours in Iraq.
Every time we meet for dinner he tries to sit on the bar side. I remind him I can't go in there.
He always says, "dude, you're carrying right now? C'mon, just put it in your truck."
I always have to remind him, " can you name one time I haven't been armed?"
He and his wife live in eastern Tacoma and leave their damn door unlocked. They always have.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Went to a restaurant yesterday here in Vancouver, when they went to seat us in the bar area I told the wife I can't go in there. Wife said to put the gun in the car, then turned to the waiter and told him I was carrying a gun and couldn't go into the bar area with it!! Good thing he wasn't a liberal or he could have called the police and caused me a bunch of trouble even though I left both guns in the car and came back in to eat.
Guess I need to have a chat with her about it!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"
Is this the first time she has embarrassed you in public?

Ouch.

I called my wife "The Domestic Help" once.

She started calling me "The Couch Sleeper".

I was getting a dish washer delivered by lowes, the young kid delivering it asked if I had an old dishwasher that I needed taken away, I said "nah, she left me a few years ago". He kind of slunked off with a look on his face of "how do I respond to that..."

Last Edited:
Off topic but I thought I would put this in here

When my fiancé and I first moved into our house she was in the kitchen washing some stuff before putting it away. She was banging stuff around pretty good and I asked her what was going on. She holds up an old cookie jar that's shaped like a cow and says " yes, this old cow is staying". I couldn't resist and said,"I know you are babe" :s0107: Luckily she has a good sense of humor and didn't bust me over the head with the cookie jar

And why hadn't you by then? :eek: I would imagine this is something you should be on the same page about...

Wow. I think I would have probably left the restaurant with that statement...wouldn't want anyone to know there were a couple of guns in my car...o_Oo_O
Thank you
Just what I was going to post. The convo would have started right then with I'll be in the car if you need me

Meeting will be FTF, will not travel more than 20 miles from my home. Text me a photo of your gun collection if you're interested. Bring your CHL and carry piece for inspection.
Fixed the last line of the ad for you,lol

"Does your wife know that you refer to her as your "Dish Washer"?"
So,back in the 50s, a kid asks mom why the brides always wear white. Mom gave him the purity speech and all that.
He wasn't convinced so he went to ask dad
Dad,why do brides always wear white? (remember the 50's)
Dad says,"All kitchen appliances come in white"
:D

Last Edited:
There are some out there, it's just that those types of gals get snapped up pretty quickly. Guys know when they've found a good one and don't want to let her go. Good luck in your search. Maybe they need to throw up WTD (Want to Date) section in the classifieds here - folks would be a little more assured that the person they meet would be pro-gun ;) I can just see the ads now:

WTD Oregon: I'm looking for a nice girl, should be broken in but without too many rounds down range. Pro-gun a must. Bonus points for lifetime NRA members and OFF supporters. CHL holders will be given preference. Looking for long term commitment and someone who can help clear a house when something goes bump in the night. MAGR's and vegans need not apply.

Meeting will be FTF, will not travel more than 20 miles from my home. Text me a photo if you're interested. Bring your CHL and carry piece for inspection.

Now that I type that out as a bit of a tongue-in-cheek joke, I kind of wonder if there may not be a glimmer of real need for some folks on the forum in there? Either way, good luck in your search, it's probably not an easy one in this neck of the woods, but I don't think it's impossible.
Haha. :D

There are so many chatrooms for different groups of people why shouldnt there be a
"Firearm enthusiasts meet.com"
Granted it'd be 90% guys.. So perhaps not. :(
Haha.
Yeah.. I thought I had a few keepers in the past.. Nope.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top