JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw this somewhere else... Copied the URL onto Face Book, with my memories... Of the Wednesday Nights at our Church, when one of our members would walk through the doors, We would all hear his son scream for Joy, "Daddy"!!!!

The young boy, 4 or 5 would run, and Jump into his Fathers Arms. Dad, in his Blues, and patrol Belt.

I watched many of those hugs, they ALWAYS seemed to be an Eternity.

Only after that hug, Father to Son, did the man's Wife get some of that love. And the Officer would turn around, go to his Patrol Car, and leave, to finish Patrol.

I have KNOWN police officers as Friends of my Parents... And had my own LEO friends...

And I have also known A$$Wipes... The desk sargent at Lane County Jail comes to mind... I do not know if he GOT that way by being on the desk, OR was Sent there, because of his Attitude, I know this, when I did Chaplain Work into the Jail, I would only Call him MR. XXX, His partner on the desk, was greeted "Officer YYY" and he understood the reasons.

I respect Any person, who puts their Life on the Line...

Those who do not, are "authorized" their Opinion, I'll not try to change that... However, I will also think One Point less than I did before.

I have been Spread Eagled, on the ground, with Weapons ready to use, as they told me ecactly HOW, To Remove my Open Carried 357...

Talked the very next day to the man, with Zero Bitterness, he was teamed with a Washington Fish & Game, who spotted the kids I was with, trying to hide...

My POV, if your bitter at law enforcement, change how you live... AND that Will Be my POV, Until TSHTF.... Then We will really learn how good the good ones are...

And that is enough for now,

philip :cool:

I wouldn't want to do it but that should almost be a requirement to be considered for the job LOL!

They are Human like the rest of us and just like Teachers, Nurses and Firemen etc the hype about them near to being Saints doesn't match the reality.
I'm sure there are plenty in these professions that deserve the respect and honor of a vid like this. There are plenty more that do the minimum and plug along not making waves, not going the extra mile.

And then there are a few that are power tripping jerks who mess it up for everyone. Just like every other job only they have badges and guns:eek:. The hype about the numbers of these jerks and the frequency of their abuses is overestimated by the media and the public for political reasons but abuse does exist.

A lot more could be done to weed out the bad apples. We can't tie their hands completely though. They deal with the scum that is a Product of the politics of the day.

God bless and good luck to the good ones.

I wouldn't want to do it but that should almost be a requirement to be considered for the job

... Major Snip...

God bless and good luck to the good ones.

Yes, LEO's are Human... And I agree with that requirement above...

However, other than Emergency Responder/MEDICS & Firemen... I do not see any correlation for comparing to other career choices, that I cut out... Teachers. Meh. With their UNIONS as in present time, I would have No Problem, firing Ten Percent for insufficient Work per pay. A teacher gets tenured, and at ~that Point~ it is time to make the jugement call That Cannot Be Done!

Law Enforcement is one of the few Jobs, where your "Next Call" can Quickly Become Your LAST CALL.

And I do not mean ~just~ Battling it out with BG's, OSP lost a Female on I - 5, who stopped to help fix a tire... Run over by absent minded person driving the car.

Having Personally Close friends in the LEO Community, I hear, see and Share with their emotional traumas.

I do not recall the Statistics EXACTLY, but the numbers are some where @ 1 LEO : 1000 Citizens, of those 1000, my question is his, How Many have Compassion for that ONE?

In an average day, a LEO can go from Their last callout, of maybe a Vehicular Homicide, to a domestic Violence, or a hi & run, maybe a speeding ticket... On my narrow two laned Highway, I typicality see the "Muscle Car", pass three in a row, narrowly getting back intheir lane... Only to stop five minutes later at a Dairy Mart... They do Not COMPREHEND, their Location... Been here Three Years, a quiet comunnity, and I have seen Three Deaths created by JackA$$es, who thing Only of themselves...

That is One of the ~What is Wrong~ In Ameica...That highway has exactly three ~Almost~ Turnouts, in Four Plus Miles... Deep ditches on both sides... And "Flipped Cars" are not uncommon.

As I said in my First Post, you are FREE, to think however YOU want...

But the Majority of LEO's are a different Breed of Humanity, than the average Joe...

Or Jane.

philip :cool:

Last Edited:
I took 2 years of Police Science & Criminology in College.:cool:

I was going to go into the FBI, or USFS law enforcement.:cool:

Never went either way............... LUCKILY!:D:D

I interact with the police often down here, because of a few anti-crime things I am involved with.:(:mad::D

Some are great, some should have their badge taken away from them..........kinda like every other profession.

EXCEPT.....these folks have the power of life or death, or imprisonment, or whatever, over ME............

Their standards should be MUCH HIGHER than other professions, and should be regularly scrutinized.

As a general rule, I do not interact DIRECTLY with the Medford Gestapo.......er, Police...
I stay away from the "Patrol-itchy trigger finger-Division".:eek:

The Chief of the Medford Police was actually quoted (20 years ago) as saying "Private Citizens should not own guns"..............I don't know if he's changed his opinion, but I don't trust the guy, as I have had interactions with him that don't make me feel warm & fuzzy....:(

County sheriffs........some are great, some make me nervous.........I place them way above the Medford Gesta.......there I go again:D:(:D

I do appreciate much of law enforcement.....they are dealing with the scum of the earth on most occasions, or bad situations.......it has to get to you eventually.

When was the last time you called a cop, asked him to stop by so you could give him/her some cookies??:D

I understand Well, what you are saying no flinch, and even accept the general premise as Very Valid!

I have mentioned prior living near a Highly Problematic ~Accident Zone~ ... After one crash, with fatality, the City of BleuJene' (home of the Dux) they assigned two motorcycle LEO's... I walked twenty feet from my car, ~With my Cane~ (old foot ball injury... Err no, it was a War Injury... Uhh, no Oh, a football game in the War... Thats right...) just to say thank you: mid Winter, and high fourties the temperature.....

I saw one was sipping coffee from the Local Drive through. I told them that living just three hundred yards from where they were, that I Deeply Appreciated their Presence, reply: "Just doing our Duty", Again I said thanks, left them, drove to the Coffee drive through, where I was known by Name (??? Bozo, they called me... Its a Name, I say!!!! ????)

I laid a Twenty down, and said that covers All the coffees those LEO's drink while Stationed on our Corner... Those girls in there were so close to the corner, that they always saw, at least End Results of accidents...

They said thanks, Bozo, and I left....

For those area's where Gestapo Thinking is the Case, well my wishes would be a Sixth Month continuing issue of Marvel Comics "X Men" to clean up the problem !!!!

I will try and go back to sleep now, my foot ball injuries woke me up!!!

Bozo.... Err philip, yeah, thats right, philip.... Its all coming back to me now...
It was Third Down, and just as the play went into Action the little people in Black Pajamas interrupted our football game by making Craters on the field... Darn those Mortar Teams....

G'Night now... o_O

When you live amongst the dregs of the earth and see most of the bad things in life it takes a special and different kind of person to cope and remain objective and level headed and hold onto enough compassion to treat the good people with respect. Many do not make it in sanity. The ones that do I have more respect for than about anyone on earth. The ones that enter that field on a power trip, I have no respect for at all.
It is generally easy to tell the difference.
May God be with and protest the good ones every day.

I have a great deal of respect for the Police officers in this community. Portland has problems that completely repulse me. The police have to kiss "politically correct" arse. I wouldn't want to wish that on any officer.

Hang in there ladies and gentlemen, most folks appreciate you.

Last Edited:
I don't see how anyone can remain in the right state of mind dealing with the low lifes of this world all day everyday getting treated like ish and hated by most.

Just like our Soldiers, LEOs have every ounce of respect I can give.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top