JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dear America ,
I just wanted to drop you a line or three , to let you know that I still care for you.
Even with all the talk of divides , extremism and such ( guilty of this myself ) , I still am grateful for being an American.
You have given me chances and opportunities that others in different countries can only dream of.

I have the freedom to :
Speak my mind...
Vote...
Worship as I see fit...
Own firearms...
And many more , all of which are equally as important.
For all of our rights are indeed equally important...tampering with one , is a threat to all...which is how I wish we as Americans , would see ourselves.
A danger to one group , one religion , one race etc...is a danger to all Americans.
Simply because if it can happen to them , it can happen to you...

Now is a time for healing and a strengthening of our resolve to move forward together , to make us the nation that we need to be ...A nation that lives up to its ideals , one that faces it's challenges head on , not by blaming others , but by finding solutions.

I know that there are many ways of seeing America.
This is a double edged sword....the very freedoms we have , can with misuse , pave the road to our destruction.
We can not allow our hopes , fears , dreams and disagreements to be our downfall.
It would be good to remember that our rights are for us all and not just for the betterment of one group.

My love of history has shown that , regardless of our many differences , we have worked together for our common good.
I for one , am hopeful we can do so again.
For all of our divides and differences , we do have the fact that we are Americans in common.
A fact that needs to used for all of us to heal and move forward.
Andy

Damn Andy, that was awesome! Wish more people could read that! Wish more folks would talk about that!

We as a country have met many challenges far far more intense then we face today, and yet we have never been more divided as we are today! Why is this? We have faced many battles both home and abroad and have triumphed over all! We have built a country to be the envy of every other nation on this earth. So much so that the rest of the world envies us, even hates us for much that which we have created for our selves, and yet we as a nation stand divided by a hate that runs deep, is fed by political envy and agenda, and a false sense of political power wrested from the people in spite of the people! There are many problems we face today, problems our founding fathers knew all to well we would face, this is why they gave us those simple words written down on a document that would guide us, and provide us with the answers to all challenges! We stand at the edge of a cliff today, there is but two choices, turn away together, or let ourselves be pushed over the edge! The future is Ours, and our history will be defined by what we do today! God Bless America! Land of the Free, Because of the Brave!

Andy,

The world would be a better place if more were like you.
But you've had to witnessed hard things to get your point of view.
I Thank you for that, and Thank you for sharing you view and experiences.
This forum is a better place with you.

If you ever Run for President, you'll have my vote.

So well articulated, my friend. I believe we are processing many of the same thoughts right now. If it means anything, there is another soul out there that understands.

This nation broke away from the world's hyper-power at the time, founded a republic, went through so many teething pains, expanded westward at an astounding rate, was fractured and nearly destroyed by a civil war, industrialized, fought in a world war, endured the grinding poverty of a depression, fought another world war and emerged a superpower, tangled with an evil empire and survived, created a global network that we are interfacing on right now, cured countless diseases, fought long and hard for civil rights for all, and paved the way to the future in every field of human endevour. Put another way, we went from a tiny, squabbling, new-born republic on the eastern seaboard, to a global power that, within two centuries, has sent vessels outside our solar system.

We are Americans. I am proud to be a native born son and am so thankful that words fail me that my family came here. Some how, some way, we will overcome this present division, darkness, and ugliness. The horror that filled our eyes today remind me of a young soul, far away, who was extinguished by a violent, depraved regime. Perhaps this quote is fitting as we grieve the loss of our fellow Americans, who happen to be Jewish in faith:

"It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart." — Anne Frank​

I want to thank all who have shared on this thread. It is good to hear that all is not lost when the wolf is knocking at the door. Keep your heads up and know that we are not in this by ourselves. Also, a special thanks to @AndyinEverson for your encouraging words.

@Ura-Ki ...
Thank you ...Not sure if the rest of America needs to see my ramble...Just wanted to give some thanks and reminder , that we have done great things and can still do more of them....

@clearconscience ...
Thank you for the kind words.
I do have my flaws and faults , and they are many...but as you mentioned experience , I do try my best to use my experience to help the world , or at least my part of it , be a bit better than before.
As for running for President...I think I'd try to be like Theodore Roosevelt ....:D

@CountryGent
We do seem to along the same "wavelength" at times...And I thank you for your understanding...
Your posts are always worthwhile reading.

@WrenchNguns ...
Thank you...With all the talk and questions of what's wrong with_____? I just wanted to say "Thanks" and to post a more positive reminder of who we are and what we can be....

Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top