JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think ive narrowed my scope issues down to my receiver "ghost ring mounts" being poorly cut on my mini 14. I've sent the scope to leupold and went through, had it professionally mounted with both ghost rings, and a picatinny ghost mount rail with normal rings, and all same results. Maxing out the scope doesn't change shooting 6-10in left of target.
My question is... Has anyone had experience with Ruger customer service? Its a newer mini, finally just mounted a scope to my own horror. Are they quick? Stingy? Easy? Shipping covered? Any input would be nice.... I would call yet they are closed on weekends!
Thanks guys

I've only had to deal with them once and it was many years ago. It was a gun I'd bought used and they were awesome. Can't remember who paid for the shipping to them, but they paid for the trip back home.

Ruger is so swift in their process, I just last month gave them a call after having issues with a SR 22 pistol. I have 2 of these pistols, the first one I bought was flawless and the wife wanted her own so I got the purple edition. This one was choking from the get go, no matter how clean it was no matter the ammo quality it was just a dud. I called ruger up, waited less than 5 minutes mid day to get a rep on the phone they asked problem got my info gave me a RMA number and emailed a paid shipping label. I sent it to them they replaced the slide assembly and barrel and function fired 40 rds of various ammo and said it was goladen. I got the pistol back in a week shipped 5/21 back on 5/29. I shot the pistol a few days later 100% function with 6 types of ammo on hand. They also gave me a free silicone cleaning . I am completely sold on buying another ruger product I the future without any worries. Just call them all will be well very soon!

Ruger is generally happy as long as they are the ones fixing the problem. They have a long and infamous history in the gunsmithing community for being stingy with releasing parts for repairs. But since you want them to fix it, should be good to go.

I did call yesterday and quickly had a rep on the phone. Rather than the normal asking for name, number, may be monitored, and what have you, she just plain asked "what can I help you with???" right away. Not something you run into these days. Il be shipping the rifle out tomorrow.

If you have any aftermarket action parts remove them before shipping. The first thing they do is test fire the gun "for safety" and return the action to original factory condition, then keep your aftermarket (higher quality) parts.

Ohh... I hope they don't mind the trigger job my gunsmith did. Id hate to lose that. Thanks for the warning Modeler.
Yeah, that would be a tough deal, but the parts are OE Ruger, just a little "dresed up". You'll probably be fine. In fact, I believe I'd stoned the trigger and sear on the Blackhawk I sent back and it was returned with that untouched.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top