JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, putting the 2nd Amendment issues aside for a moment.
Considering that most of congress are lawyers, how the heck do they write these horrible laws? With such obvious issues due to clarity and definition? I know it isn't fully written yet (which in its self is silly), but why can't the synopsis even be more clear?

If it is not completely defined then they can change the meaning and interpretation of it to mean anything they want.

TITLE TWO: REQUIRING BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR FIREARM SALES
Summary of Title II: This section of the bill requires background checks for sales at gun shows and online while securing certain aspects of 2nd Amendment rights for law abiding citizens.- Closes the gun show and other loopholes while exempting temporary transfers and transfers between family members.- Fixes interstate travel laws for sportsmen who transport their firearms across state lines in a responsible manner. The term "transport" includes staying in temporary lodging overnight, stopping for food, buying fuel, vehicle maintenance, and medical treatment.- Protects sellers from lawsuits if the weapon cleared through the expanded background checks and is subsequently used in a crime. This is the same treatment gun dealers receive now.- Allows dealers to complete transactions at gun shows that take place in a state for which they are not a resident.- Requires that if a background check at a gun show does not result in a definitive response from NICS within 48 hours, the sale may proceed. After four years, when the NICS improvements are completed, the background check would clear in 24 hours. Current law is three business days.- Requires the FBI to give priority to finalizing background checks at gun shows over checks at store front dealerships.- Authorizes use of a state concealed carry permit instead of a background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer.- Permits interstate handgun sales from dealers.- Allows active military to buy firearms in their home states.- Family transfers and some private sales (friends, neighbors, other individuals) are exempt from background checks

Here is a summary but the exact langauge is not known. All sales at a gun show has to go thru NICS. Family and some privates sales are exempt. I can't wait to see the legal definition of a friend or neighbor. Remember this has to get thru the Senate and the House so let's keep our fingers crossed and keep calling your representatives.

The "snow ball'' is starting to roll

NPR News made a reference to some reciprocity component to the amendments,too...Anyone else hear that somewhere else?My trust in NPR is somewhat non-existent when it comes to gun issues....

The way it reads to me is; background checks at gun shows, gun stores and internet sales like Buds gun store and Gunbroker.com where you are having a gun sent to you.

Its kinda funny that in one breath the media says that 92% of Americans support UBC's and in the next say that it will be hard to find support for them by politicians up for re election in red states.

The way it reads to me is; background checks at gun shows, gun stores and internet sales like Buds gun store and Gunbroker.com where you are having a gun sent to you.

Unless I am taking your statement out of context, I must ask: You do understand that firearms coming from Bud's and Gunbroker sales do not get 'sent to you' unless you already have an 01FFL or in some cases an 03FFL? If the purchaser has neither, then by law it must be sent to an FFL who then transfers it to the end customer.

Keith

I like the part of being able to use our conceal carry instead of waiting for the back ground check to come back.

Should help to free up the system some too.

I like the part of being able to use our conceal carry instead of waiting for the back ground check to come back.

Should help to free up the system some too.

It has a few pieces that I agree with. As a whole, I want to see it die as soon as possible.

What about trading? According to our government silver and gold is not money. A possible end around would be trading gun for gold or silver. The gun was never advertised for sale just for trade.

LOL There you go! Trade for gold or silver! LOL Till they make that illegal....just wait, it'll happen.:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top