Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Deadliest Warrior SEALS vs Israeli Commando?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by clearconscience, Jul 31, 2010.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Did anyone see this episode?
    Seals smoked them, specifically in the handgun round. I'm amazed at the accuracy and speed of that guy shooting out the lights then popping the two guys in the head with 3 shots.

Are you kdding me? I would give anything to shoot that well.

2. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Israeli IDF forces are a bit more "well rounded". We have specialty teams for everything...Delta, SEALS, Special Forces, ect. Each has their own specialty...but then again, where do you think they learned how to be bad arses?

Now I'd like the see British SAS vs. US Special Forces...they're pretty much even.

3. Atroxus

Atroxus Marysville, WA Member

Personally I stopped watching a while back and I have lost all respect for that show. They go about gathering data for their simulations then they do stupid crap like simulating VC going squad to squad against nazis in a straight up fight instead of using the guerilla tactics that made them so deadly in vietnam. Then there is the Green Beret vs Spetsnaz episode where the "green beret" missed every target in the night vision handgun drill. Dunno where they dug that guy up, but I highly doubt that all or even most green berets shoot so poorly.:mad:

4. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

Yeah that guy pretty much kicked hiney. I think he even managed to take out two lights with on shot.

-d

5. mr11b

mr11b Portland, OR Member

One thing I noticed about that episode was the Seal's M4 had an EOTECH and forward grip. The IDF guy had iron sights with no forward grip. Just figure if you really want to be accurate and go tit for tat actually make it even.

6. optiontrigger

optiontrigger Snohomish County, WA Member

SpikeTV lost all credibility for any accuracy for this show after they faked the IRA AR-15 vs Taliban AK-47 matchup. The way they staged the episode using their "scientific analyses" instead of being honest and upfront with the viewer didn't appeal to me.

When the reliability test was done, with mud slopped on the top and right sides of both firearms, the AR-15 was supposedly shot, with gunfire heard but no flash or smoke from the muzzle and no spent casings being ejected. Suddenly, it gets quiet and the shooter says "gun jammed". You can clearly see the right side of the AR where mud is still adhered to the receiver and the ejection port door is closed. For the other gun, it was just as bad where the view from the left shows a clean AK being fired but the view from the right shows that nothing is being ejected either from the muddy side and no cycling action is visible.

The show is definitely staged for entertainment and not for an intelligent perspective. During the accuracy shooting, the camera view from the rear of the AK shooter shows him with eye protection on. Front view shows him without. Back and forth views of him shooting show this.

I think it actually promotes circulation of misguided information rather than information based on true one-vs-another testing. I own both ARs and AKs and I know the pros and cons of each but this show's method of testing and dissemination of false reporting lost me for good.

7. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Run what you brung...

8. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Its just entertainment, I like the Fight Science specials better. The one that particularly annoyed me was the US special forces vs Spetznaz.

9. BlackRidge

BlackRidge Sammamish, WA Member

The whole idea for the show was pretty dumb... how can you accurately pit the two against each other?

Many of the tests seemed imbalanced or downright stupid, ..and who knows how their final PC system works..

The EOtech part stood out the most in the recent episode. Both are SF teams you shouldnt mess with, going beyond that to get a definitive idea as to who would win would take faaaar too long and wouldnt really be worth it.

Now... a show that took a well-thought out look at a possible clash between other current world powers, that would be interesting.

btw, the Seal guy did smoke the IM dude in the pistol round. No questions, it was a beautiful thing