JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tons of munitions. That's easy, I bet I have a few hundred pounds myself. that's not hard to come up with.

" Why are they taking these? There was no crime!!!!:mad::mad::mad: "

L.A. probably doesn't want a bunch of now homeless guns wandering the streets scaring people, holding up liquor stores, begging for handouts, demanding in-state tuition, free gunsmithing, CC licenses, ...that's reserved for border jumpers only.

Of course, if there are any guns from the guy's home that were made in Mexico...
...the feds won't be called and they'll be released right away. ;)

Last Edited:
tumblr_msab8oLZ0C1sgwi5qo1_500.gif

Well.... The story says there was 1200 guns and two tons of ammo. If you do a little math you realize that as far as the ammo goes its nothing.

2 tons divided by 1200 guns means there is only 3.3 pounds of ammo per gun. So 3.3 pounds of .308 is only 90 rounds. In .22LR 3.3 pounds is only about 700 rounds.

So really when you are talking about 1200 rifles, I would say two tons of ammo is probably a bare minimum you could have on hand to have just a bit to shoot for each one.

"It's not a crime to have a large number of weapons so long as they were legal to own and legally obtained," Smith added. "We want to make sure that's the case."

Snork.....

In Los Angeles? What are the odds, out of 1200 guns, all are legal to own in LOS ANGELES, CA.?

All they have to say is that he had some sort of illegal drugs or contraband in his house, and "presto" free guns for everyone above a Sargent's rank.

The guy was no more danger to Kalifornia than if he had one gun and 100 rounds. He could shoot just one at a time. If he wants to have $500,000 worth of guns ($400 per gun) plus ammo even as an investment that's his biz.

The state or county will try to find an excuse to steal them, I'll bet.

Cheers

Why isn't it illegal for them to confiscate this mans property?

They should go to the next of kin, or whomever was in his will, and have ownership transferred legally that way. Any "bad guns" should get caught that way. Police confiscation right off the bat??

Some lawyers need to challenge that.

I guess I type slow... Started typing two posts ago...

Last Edited:
My guess is it's standard procedure to secure any firearms when there is a dead person and no other occupant.

Unless they can show they are stolen or illegal they should be turned over immediately to next of kin

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top