JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also let's consider that this child must now begin to come to grips with the fact that he's taken three human lives. This is going to haunt him for a very long time, emotionally and socially.
...Unless he's a sociopath and just felt nothing doing it.

He and his family are very likely going to be on shaky legal grounds now, so on top of the horror of taking another human being's life, they now will face untold legal costs in probably both legal and civil trials.

... All because some kids made a very stupid choice. Seems like nobody wins in this situation to me.

Here we go with the "He's a Sociopath if he's not crying his eyes out for taking a human's life" routine. Bullspit. Boo-damn-hoo. We've gotten to the point to where we go into mourning and fly a flag at half-staff if we destroy a gopher hole and it's occupants!
This is from the "good riddance to bad rubbish" department. We've become a society that can't face the responsibility for its own actions. "It is obviously the fault of someone else". There is a psychological "locus of control" issue with this bunch of dead young criminals. Remember: If you can blame it on someone else, it is THIER problem... isn't that right? This is the biggest bucket of hogwash I have ever heard in my life! The entire premise of the Left. (If all else fails, get overemotional and displace the wrongdoing upon another).

Horse droppings.

Last Edited:
Here we go with the "He's a Sociopath if he's not crying his eyes out for taking a human's life" routine. Bullspit. Boo-damn-hoo. We've gotten to the point to where we go into mourning and fly a flag at half-staff if we destroy a gopher hole and it's occupants!
This is from the "good riddance to bad rubbish" department. We've become a society that can't face the responsibility for its own actions. "It is obviously the fault of someone else". There is a psychological "locus of control" issue with this bunch of dead young criminals. Remember: If you can blame it on someone else, it is THIER problem... isn't that right? This is the biggest bucket of hogwash I have ever heard in my life! The entire premise of the Left. (If all else fails, get overemotional and displace the wrongdoing upon another.
Horse droppings.
CaptO, I don't think that's what Osirion was saying. Methinks he is pointing out the likely truth of the situation- the civil entanglements and the possible psychological harm the event will take upon the shooter... taking human life even in self-defense is rough on anyone not a sociopath. I know guys my age still haunted by things they did in Vietnam, and Ive known ww2 vets who carried people's faces to their graves. It just happens because we value human life and are taught to honor it as sacred.
Im sorry the young man had to undergo this. Im not sorry for the three felons; they took the risks and lost the bet.... regrettable, and they brought it upon themselves.
I can relate to having an AR15 (or AK)-type rifle handy;) for any eventualities. Ya never know when one at hand will save yer bacon...

Last Edited:
CaptO, I don't think that's what Osirion was saying. Methinks he is pointing out the likely truth of the situation- the civil entanglements and the possible psychological harm the event will take upon the shooter... taking human life even in self-defense is rough on anyone not a sociopath. I know guys my age still haunted by things they did in Vietnam, and Ive known ww2 vets who carried people's faces to their graves. It just happens because we value human life and are taught to honor it as sacred.
I'm sorry the young man had to undergo this. I'm not sorry for the three felons; they took the risks and lost the bet.... regrettable, and they brought it upon themselves.

I know and understand. Frankly, I have had a great deal of my "compassion" milked out of me. Every time I feel compassion for someone that is on the street or begging for help, it turns out that they are "gaming the system". I have buried four of my own children and a wife. I held my own son in my arms as he died. I live with that every day, but I'm not constantly dragging it to the forefront of my life to garner sympathy. The twin boys were born prematurely, one was stillborn, the other lived for 20 minutes. That was many years ago.

I awakened next to the dead, cooling body of my wife Mary at 5:20 on the morning August 31, 1999. I tried performing CPR for 5 minutes. I then realized that she had been dead for 20 minutes. I could go on about my first wife miscarrying on a toilet in front of me, but living in the past isn't any good. We all have our crosses to bear.

This youngster will have to live on, but since he is this young, he'll have a better chance of putting it behind him after he has finally had a chance to come to grips with it. I feel sorry for him, but he had no alternative. There was one decision to make, and he made it.

While it may be regrettable, life, in fact, goes on.

Last Edited:
Well, I notice that the victims live in a nice house! I hope that they possess enough money to counter sue the family's back to the Stone Age!
I don't much care about these little shmiks! I started out in a cabin made of railroad ties. Indoor pump water, galvanized tub for baths, outhouse for the rest! So we were poor! Big deal! Right now my son is at home, painting the new doors and frames that he installed. He didn't steal them! My grandson is helping him! He doesn't steal either! My granddaughter is attending the UofSC finishing her masters. She earned her bachelors while serving in the USNavy! Being decent parents isn't impossible, it's just hard and time consuming. Oops! I just lost 2/3 of America! :D Drop the crack pipe and grab your kids text book, people! And quit whining!

I find it a bit disconcerting the the victims picture, name & address is available.

What ever happened to reporters using some restraint in reporting, while just reporting the facts... i.e. "an unnamed 23year old man was home or some such..."

I do not have a problem with suspects picture, name, address, booking photo, drivers license etc being available. That serves a purpose, allowing the public at large to contact authorities, but what exact purpose does releasing a victims information serve?

In the first thread, didn't I say that this would happen? And it did. America's values are so messed up nowadays. If ya do the crime then ya gonna do some time, at least that's the way it was back in the day...

Kudos to the 23 YO, It sounds like he didn't mag dump but fired enough to end the threats.

I understand the grandfather's grief but blaming the shooter is total illogic and lack of a moral code. If his Grandson and other perps wouldn't have been out stealing, they never would have seen lethal force.

Brutus Out

Grandpa should be jailed because he obviously had knowledge of his grandson's criminal activities. He's lying if he says that he doesn't. Grandpa needs to close his "tater trap" or be questioned by law enforcement to determine his complicity in his grandson's nefarious activities.

Oh, for some reason I thought he was of the same age as the robbers. Still, has to be a hard thing to deal with.

Also, Capt O, no need to go nuclear, friend.

How old were we during the Vietnam Conflict? (I was 18 and preparing to fight the communists). There's no need to be "sheltered" after a man turns 21.

Welcome to the "rough and tumble" aspects of living in the "modern Leftist regime". (This is the place where they pat you on the @$$ until the world walks up and hits you right in the kisser). By then, it's a little late for hand-holding and long lectures about how tough life can be. Life is hard and then you die. I have watched my own flesh die before my own eyes. I was 27.

Nothing can prepare you for that.

The shooter will face NO legal ramifications; for several reasons it was a good shoot. The families of the dead felons may try a civil action- from the :eek:wailings and ululations of "Grandfather" one would think this possible, particularly if the case is picked up by some anti-gun/self-defense group with an axe to grind. In which case a counter-suit might be in order.

That depends, some states like Arizona don't allow it, not sure about OK.

If my home is broken into and I am faced with an attacker, let alone three of them, I hope I can make the fight as unfair, in my favor of course, as I possibly can.

I'm am beyond fed up with the "victim" mentality, especially coming from family members of felons and criminals who died while committing crimes. Piss off, is right!

If my home is broken into and I am faced with an attacker, let alone three of them, I hope I can make the fight as unfair, in my favor of course, as I possibly can.

I'm am beyond fed up with the "victim" mentality, especially coming from family members of felons and criminals who died while committing crimes. Piss off, is right!
I prefer the stronger "F*** off and go drown in a sewage tank."

I can't believe that one kid was boinking that nasty fat girl. Jesus, I'd rather go celibate than see that thing naked. At least he's out of his misery now.

My disgusting but hilarious pic of a cowboy riding a fat girl was deleted. Reason: "Try not to just post completely random off topic posts in threads." Sorry. I know ya'll love pics of nasty fat girls. Fat bottom girls make the rockin world go round!!!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads