JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I recently came across a deactivated 1911a1-67

On the slide it says M-1911A1-67 Autoloading Pistol
Then second line says caliber .45 US ARMY MODEL

On the other side by the eject port it says Japan
Is this a real military deactivated pistol or just a stage piece?

It feels like the real thing

Also do these have any value?

Thanks in advance

Last Edited:
I'm not sure if it's a faux pas to answer my own question here, but I was at an estate sale and found this "gun". Thought I could quickly ask the question on my phone, post to the forum here, and a subject matter expert - who was sitting around waiting for my question would "instantly" answer me.:s0112:

So, the device is made by the Model Gun Company of Japan, it is a 1:1 model of the 1911A1 and it field strips pretty much the same way too.

A great buy for $30 I think.

Photo's would be good. You didn't mention the manufacturer, it's always on the firearm of this age. Why do you believe it is deactivated? I doubt it was ever active. The M-1911A1-67 Autoloading Pistol
Then second line says caliber .45 US ARMY MODEL. Makes me believe this is a replica. The other side of the slide stamped Japan furthers that thought. I expect it's a man toy/paper weight, might have some value depending on when it was made and the quality. Again pictures would be a big help.

Yep, it is a replica and not a deactivated. Still, despite the fact I put hundreds, if not thousands of rounds downrange in my early Army days, it fooled me at first.

Here are some pics.

1911_5.jpg

1911_4.jpg

1911_3.jpg

1911_2.jpg

1911_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I'm going to sell it, I'll post it in the appropriate forum in the next day or so. My wife reminded me that I started this estate sale/ebay thing to earn money for our family vacation. Despite the coolness factor, I can't argue with her logic. Plus, there's some re-enactor or ??? who will want it more than me.

Besides the markings that make it way off someone took some time to make it look old to fool some. The stocks/grips are in great condition that is another clue. The $35 offer is pretty fair for the papper weight. I'd give you $40 for it so I could use it to practice rebuling, I have an old pistol I would like to refinish personaly but not willing to learn on it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top