JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not entirely sure what "delta 8" is, but I gathered it's related to THC but different than cannabis(?)

The USCCA was just putting out info that it's now been reclassified as a schedule 1 drug and may have impact for firearm owners at both state and federal levels. Possibly triggering mandatory sentencing...

Is anyone able to clarify what it is they are talking about and how this DEA rule change might impact us. I don't partake in any of that, but I'm sure there are some that do and might want to be aware.

Delta 8 is a less potent form of THC that is legal in certain states. Guess they are closing that loophole if it is one. Was informed that it is sold with a lot of CBD products.

It's a loophole in a farming bill passed a bit back. I want to say Obama passed it. It loosened up regs on growing hemp nation wide. So more started growing it and refining the CBD and THC levels like they do with cannabis plants. Now the levels are so high that there is enough THC in some Hemp plants that they are about what pot was 20-30 years ago. Cannabis and hemp are "technically" different via DNA but very close. Hops grown for beer are in the same family of plants. That's why IPAs have gotten popular over the years. Hops are bred to have higher concentrates of the oils used to flavor their beer. Some research has shown certain chemicals in hops have interactions with the nervous system. So basically we are not just doing it with hemp. It's everything really. Just keep on refining it until it's basically a hard drug. Regulate it and another plant pops up. Oh look Kratam.

Delta 8 is a less potent form of THC that is legal in certain states. Guess they are closing that loophole if it is one. Was informed that it is sold with a lot of CBD products.

Delta 8 is a synthetic cannabanoid derived from the hemp plant, more info in the article:
Gotcha. That's kinda what it sounded like but wasn't familiar. Are there states where this delta 8 is legal, but organic herb isn't? Ergo... a "loophole" to getting baked?

So, basically.... the other alphabets are trying to get away with making new laws so the DEA decided to join in the "screw the law" party.... however... no practical difference than if you got in trouble packing a little Maui Wowee in your spare mag pouch.

Gotcha. That's kinda what it sounded like but wasn't familiar. Are there states where this delta 8 is legal, but organic herb isn't? Ergo... a "loophole" to getting baked?
How I understand it is delta 8 was 50 state legal, I recently saw an add on you tube from a company that was shipping delta 8 flower to any state and also read an article about "dispensaries" that sell delta 8 in non legal states. That being said each state is different, Wyoming for example, won't test for THC content of substances, thus you would have a hard time proving your lid of delta 8 was not the sticky icky.

Delta 8 is made from hemp, but previously hemp was made legal. Now the DEA is regretting that they no doubt signed off on legalizing hemp, so like Biden's ATF, the DEA is trying to change their own rule in the middle of the game. In addition, Delta 8 is currently sold in smoke shops & gas stations all across America. This decision will affect millions of Americans

Just another thing that should be legal but instead is being used to turn Americans into criminals.

Trying to that is…..

So, basically.... the other alphabets are trying to get away with making new laws so the DEA decided to join in the "screw the law" party.... however... no practical difference than if you got in trouble packing a little Maui Wowee in your spare mag pouch.
Geez, The one time I thought I could contribute...guess I should have look it up first.:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top