JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DEA Agent Pushes Privacy Claim in Appeals Court

<DEA Agent Pushes Privacy Claim in Appeals Court - The BLT: The Blog of Legal Times>

A federal agent who accidentally shot himself during a videotaped drug education presentation in Florida is pressing forward with his suit against the government, urging a federal appeals court to find the public disclosure of the video marked an invasion of privacy.

The plaintiff, Lee Paige, wants the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit to overturn a ruling in December that terminated the suit. Paige said in the complaint [.pdf], filed in Washington's federal trial court in April 2006, that the disclosure of the video harmed his reputation. The court picked up the appeal earlier this week.

Paige, a former professional football athlete and undercover narcotics agent, was stationed in the Drug Enforcement Agency's Orlando office at the time of the shooting. The incident happened in April 2004 at a community center in front of 50 children and their parents. At the time, Paige, who regularly delivered motivational speeches, was talking about gun safety.

"I am the only one in the room professional enough, that I know of, to carry this Glock 4-taa," said Paige, who then, almost immediately after, accidentally shot himself in the leg. A person in the room videotaped the presentation and captured the shooting.

Ya, I Know this vid has been posted many times

Last edited by a moderator:
He is just trying to retire at our expense and he will most likely win. He problaby already collected thousands throgh work comp and now tax payers will pay for him being a stupid idiot and a danger to himself.

He deserves to be exposed and show how stupid people are that are supposed to be experts. He learned that in his undercover work.

Unfortunately for him, there was NO reasonable expectation of privacy at the time and place where he shot himself, which means there really isn't any recourse for the video being made public. He'll be lucky if some front row area person doesn't sue him for damage based on the tinnitus they got from being near a .40 being fired indoors.

Unfortunately for him, there was NO reasonable expectation of privacy at the time and place where he shot himself, which means there really isn't any recourse for the video being made public. He'll be lucky if some front row area person doesn't sue him for damage based on the tinnitus they got from being near a .40 being fired indoors.

That would be ironic justice!

You mean someone who actually might have a case as opposed to this idiot?

what the **** that is the stupidest video I have ever seen. Whats he doing bleeding all over the floor while he trys to act cool? WHAT a total dumbass on 4-5 levels

what the **** that is the stupidest video I have ever seen. Whats he doing bleeding all over the floor while he trys to act cool? WHAT a total dumbass on 4-5 levels
What is he supposed to do? Fall on the floor and start yelling at the top of his lungs. I think he won't win given what Savagegerbil said and I agree. But damn if he didn't keep his cool after being a dumbass and shooting himself in the leg ala chedda bob.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top