JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone shot This ammo from a Garand? I bought it in a can re-linked from 1972 (no tracers). I shot about 8 clips of it today. Probably 70% of the cartridges ruptured near the base. I Then shot PVZ Partizan out to see if it was the rifle, but they were fine. I still have 180 rounds of this stuff.
Since this has never happened out of this rifle with other ammo I am assuming its just the luck of the draw and I got poor ammo.

The picture below shows where they ruptured.

48372861-9DEA-429A-A885-12E9AF2C3E19.jpeg 49CE7AE2-8369-4832-A7C3-17318CD8B521.jpeg

No fun for semi , bolts are ok if you have a hammer. Guessing due to age its corrosive and 100yrs old... take a look at the remaining ammo and you might just find little tarnish marks or corrosion.
My thumb....
USA post twin cities
The GREEK is hard to beat.
Ethiopian ammo kinda dicey....

At least the gun is good

No fun for semi , bolts are ok if you have a hammer. Guessing due to age its corrosive and 100yrs old... take a look at the remaining ammo and you might just find little tarnish marks or corrosion.
My thumb....
USA post twin cities
The GREEK is hard to beat.
Ethiopian ammo kinda dicey....

At least the gun is good

Thanks for the info. I did just buy a whole can of Twin Cities from @Tracer-X so I'm good to go.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top