JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Judge upholds DC's post-Supreme Court gun laws

A federal judge has upheld limitations on gun ownership that the District of Columbia put in place following the Supreme Court's 2008 decision overturning the city's outright ban on handguns.

Dick Heller, the plaintiff in the landmark Supreme Court case, had challenged the new regulations, claiming the registration procedures, a ban on most semiautomatic weapons and other limitations violate the intent of the high court's decision.

U.S. District Judge Ricardo M. Urbina sided with the city Friday.

I hope they appeal this.

Me too.

How many times and in how many ways do we have to tell our neighbors who are trying to oppress us thru progreeeesive legislation...

"STAY OFF MY BACK,
STAY OUT OF MY POCKET,
STAY OUT OF MY WAY.
I don't WANT your safety net, I don't want your intrusion.

Leave me alone to care for me and mine!"

Me too.

How many times and in how many ways do we have to tell our neighbors who are trying to oppress us thru progreeeesive legislation...

"STAY OFF MY BACK,
STAY OUT OF MY POCKET,
STAY OUT OF MY WAY.

... always one more time so it seems...

Wow... just... wow.

A lower court judge flys in the face of the SCOTUS... we are SUPPOSED to be a nation of laws, what good is it if those "in charge" don't follow/enforce those laws? We the citizens are expected and REQUIRED to follow those laws, how much MORE SO should our government officials abide by those laws?

This is a legal tactic designed to block the Heller decision and until and when it goes back to the Supreme Court and is made into an absolute right this will continue.

I hope the court takes the opportunity with the McDonald case that is in front of them now to define the law in a way that will allow gun owners to prevail and protect themselves against these oppressive rules imposed by big city bosses.

Me too.

"STAY OFF MY BACK,
STAY OUT OF MY POCKET,
STAY OUT OF MY WAY.

This is no different than it was in 1775.. and you know how that turned out

Heller said you can not ban all handguns. It left the door open for how far the regulations can go. This issue will be working it's way through the courts for many, many years to come.

It is sad that our Judges legislate political agenda's from the bench.

Heller said you can not ban all handguns. It left the door open for how far the regulations can go. This issue will be working it's way through the courts for many, many years to come.

It is sad that our Judges legislate political agenda's from the bench

Fully agree. I don't believe the judges should be pushing their own agenda but rather interpreting the laws and their compliance with the constitution. Of course one could make the argument they are. But that would be a pretty twisted logic of an argument.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top