JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think about this. Most days I wear work clothes. That will be well worn, and possibly dirty, jeans. Work boots stained from grass and dirt, a bandanna and dark safety glasses. A flannel shirt, untucked, or just a whit tee shirt during warm weather. With my work chances are it will look dirty after work. I figure if i was just sitting outside the Safeway some people might hand me money! BUT, when I'm up and about I'm MOVING. I walk with purpose, with my head up, shoulders back, and alert!

Not sure if people think dirt bag when they look at me or not? Don't care much, and I'm not going to come home and clean-up just to drop into Safeway to pick up some pork chops for dinner.

I don't think twice when I see someone dressed like that, in fact, I'm often led to think "that's someone who worked their a$$ off today" rather than "why didn't they clean up before coming to the store?". As a guy who used to carry the tools for a living, I often came home dirty, sweaty, sometimes muddy, wet and cold. While I don't do that any longer, I respect those that work hard and that's what they have to show for it - regardless of what they do for a living. Heck, I've met my fair share of 'clean and nicely dressed' folks that were outright D-bags. They say that clothes make the man, but I find that's not always the case.

I don't think twice when I see someone dressed like that, in fact, I'm often led to think "that's someone who worked their a$$ off today" rather than "why didn't they clean up before coming to the store?". As a guy who used to carry the tools for a living, I often came home dirty, sweaty, sometimes muddy, wet and cold. While I don't do that any longer, I respect those that work hard and that's what they have to show for it - regardless of what they do for a living. Heck, I've met my fair share of 'clean and nicely dressed' folks that were outright D-bags. They say that clothes make the man, but I find that's not always the case.

Yea, some of the best dressed people I've met were real d-bags and arrogant.

I think about this. Most days I wear work clothes. That will be well worn, and possibly dirty, jeans. Work boots stained from grass and dirt, a bandanna and dark safety glasses. A flannel shirt, untucked, or just a whit tee shirt during warm weather. With my work chances are it will look dirty after work. I figure if i was just sitting outside the Safeway some people might hand me money! BUT, when I'm up and about I'm MOVING. I walk with purpose, with my head up, shoulders back, and alert!

Not sure if people think dirt bag when they look at me or not? Don't care much, and I'm not going to come home and clean-up just to drop into Safeway to pick up some pork chops for dinner.
People can tell the difference between a dirty construction worker and a dirt ball that hasn't showered for months. But I have worked with guys that 'saved water',lol
I think mostly it's the gang banger,sagger BS that folks don't like or trust. I don't care if you call it your "culture"
You will get treated like a punk,just the way it is
You look like a dirty construction worker and folks are glad they aren't paying your rent;)
Bandana's gotta go though:D,esse

Bandana's gotta go though:D,esse

When you've got a forehead that doesn't stop until it gets directly above your ears a guy's got to wear something to stop the sweat from dripping down into his eyes! Besides, it's kind of fun when little kids look at ya' and think you're a pirate! AAARRrrr!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top