JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, we just call it East Eagle but in truth it is the east fork of Eagle Creek.

Sorry. I could have been more specific, but I couldn't find a map that would let me copy the image. So, as you saw, it is very close to the Minam wilderness area but on the other side of the drainage that comes out of the mountains above Joseph. You can get to it from Richland OR, from Keating OR, or from Medical Springs or Catherine Creek near Union OR. They describe it as being close to Baker City, but it's really closer to those others.

I ALWAYS loved fishing too. I still get the urge.

My wife was fortunate enough to grow up in this area. When she was young, they fished with whatever bait they could find under the river rocks in the river/stream. Caught LOTS of fish that way. I had to teach her how to use artificial baits/lures. She got the hang of spinners, but I could never interest her in fly casting. Only time she used a fly was with the casting bobber rig. Caught many many fish that way too.

I didn't have all the variety of blue ribbon fishing spots that you did... but I did enjoy fishing the Pasquotank River and it's sloughs, as well as Cape Hatteras, Florida, Calif, and BC in addition to much of Oregon.
That just doesn't matter now. You KNOW if you went back to those old places you enjoyed so much, they be screwed up! Buncha' regulations and closures/lure and bait restrictions. Private property/pay to access. So iI look at it like I got the best of it back then, and just smile when I think about it!
anyone been up to Tumble lake? its one of thos eplaces i have heard of , always wanted to go but never gone..
I don't know anything about it. Never heard of it. One thing though I do know, once the summer gets warm, those high lakes get some crazy biting insects. https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...7ed4a3b4090e11!8m2!3d44.7475989!4d-122.226011

anyone been up to Tumble lake? its one of thos eplaces i have heard of , always wanted to go but never gone..
Tumble lake (and Dome Rock) are some two of my favorite hikes. Tumble was one of the ones I wanted to try but it was in the fire zone last summer so I think it's going to be closed to the public guys a while still

One thing though I do know, once the summer gets warm, those high lakes get some crazy biting insects.
Biting flies are a plague in the mountains!! One time the wife and I backpacked to Lake Of The Woods, and we left the next day because the skeeters drove us out.... had so much DEET on that we could taste it!!!

You KNOW if you went back to those old places you enjoyed so much, they be screwed up! Buncha' regulations and closures/lure and bait restrictions.
Some of that. The regs have gotten intolerably complex. The price of a license is too high. And there is just too damn many people for it to be really enjoyable. Long time ago, we found some lil pocket lakes that were a day hike or short drive, but others found them too. One lake up the Minam River near Red's Horse Ranch had Kamloops trout in it... really fun to catch on a pristine lake... but some dunces emptied a fish tank there, lord knows what fish species they were trying to illegally plant, and the Hydrilla choked out the lake. We used to be able to see all the way to the bottom, now it's just a mat of vegetation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top