JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone seen any of these around? I see the derringer is around $100~120 depending on condition & chambering.
This has the (Model D-22/.22LR,1 black,1chrome) D-32/.32cal, DM22/.22Mag barrels and a bunch of inserts for the firing pin and a Black & Chrome barrel release latch for the weapon.
It has wood grips in really nice condition. It's never been fired from what I'm able to see. The 22 mag barrel is mounted at the moment. The other 3 barrels are still unused in plastic wrappers.
It 'appears' that you fire once and the top barrel fires. Re-cock it and the bottom barrel fires. It even has a push-button safety.
It is kinda cute though. I thought it rather unique in firing the top barrel 1st & a re-cock fired the 2nd (lower) barrel. Can't say as I've ever seen anything like it before. Hard to say what the whole package is worth, more so with the three other barrels and the new inserts for the firing pins.

Dan

IMG_7299.JPG IMG_7301.JPG

If they were made of steel I would say go for it. But these are made of pot metal. They are kind of a fun range toy. But if they are shot much they break in one of three places.
The hinge pin the barrel rotates on.
The barrel latch.
or the rotating firing pin. Good Luck DR

Decades ago I had one of those Davis derringers in .22 WMR and another in .38 Special. It did indeed go bang when so required and was kind of neat to look at. But the trigger pull was abysmal, case extraction problematic on the rimfire specimen, and accuracy beyond laughable. Since they were made of Zinc alloy (at least the .22 one was), I have my doubts it would be all that durable, though, in fairness, I never experienced any kind of breakage or malfunction.

All that said, for a C-Note, I could see going for one just for the giggles. Good luck. :s0155:

No experience with it at all but fwiw one thing I have seen umpteen times when looking at reviews of any of the cheap derringers is keyholing and incredibly inaccurate (as Countrygent said).

I forgot I have one of these in .22Mag
Saw it on Saturday in my little document safe while looking for my sons birth certificate. Honestly didn't even touch it, that says how much I give a damn for it. If I remember correctly I got it for a box of 12g slugs around 20 years back and only shot it twice. One of those things I had to have just because, then easily forgot I had.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top