JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Please explain to me the relevance of one to the other since you seem to be able to connect the dots and have a greater understanding of politics in this country.

Nope, I will not because I do not think you really want to know. I beleive your intent here, as it usually is, is to stir up an arguement.

Can we agree that he is no help to 2A supporters and if this incident gets him removed from office we are better off?
I fight for the Second Amendment, do you?

R.D.

Nope, I will not because I do not think you really want to know. I beleive your intent here, as it usually is, is to stir up an arguement.

Can we agree that he is no help to 2A supporters and if this incident gets him removed from office we are better off?
I fight for the Second Amendment, do you?

R.D.

Heck yes I support and fight for the 2A. And yes, as I have said more than once Wu is a ding dong. His constituancy would be better served by a slug.

Now, it seems to me you have no idea how to explain the relevance of Wu's unwanted sexual advances and his record on gun issues. If you can, I am more than ready to give your logic a chance as you explain how one issue in this case has ANYTHING to do with the other. I gave you a lot of lattitude there. Now impress me.

Heck yes I support and fight for the 2A. And yes, as I have said more than once Wu is a ding dong. His constituancy would be better served by a slug.

We agree on Wu and the Second Amendment, 'nuff said.

Now, it seems to me you have no idea how to explain the relevance of Wu's unwanted sexual advances and his record on gun issues. If you can, I am more than ready to give your logic a chance as you explain how one issue in this case has ANYTHING to do with the other. I gave you a lot of lattitude there. Now impress me.

Meh. I'm a Democrat and the link is pretty clear to me.

1. Wu sucks on gun votes,but that's not a real big liability for him in his district.
2. Wu made himself vulnerable on something else. It could have been anything--bribery, DUI, exposed as a fan of Dancing With The Stars.

Politics is a bloodsport. When you have your opponent limping, you don't go after his body-armored torso, you take the baseball bat and smash him in the bubbleguming knee again.

Makes perfect sense to me.

We agree on Wu and the Second Amendment, 'nuff said.

Well it's pretty doggone interesting to have you break my balls over the Wu stuff and then not even try to explain the connection of his most recent stupid antics and his positions on 2A issues. I'll take that as your admission that the two are related as one that is an untenable.

NOW, it's 'nuff said.

I'll take that as your admission.... blah, blah, blahblah, blah.

Might as well, it is the liberal modus operandi.

I told you earlier I would not go there and I meant it.
We agree on Trlsmn's point, why not leave it there?

You don't see the relevance that a morally bankrupt degenerate is allowed to vote on your gun rights? And that he has consistently used the same morally bankrupt degenerate thought processor to vote against your gun rights? Really?

Oregon congressman quits after sex allegations - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- Embattled U.S. Rep. David Wu will resign from the House of Representatives after being accused of making unwanted sexual advances toward a fund-raiser's daughter, he announced Tuesday.

In a statement issued by his office, the seven-term Oregon Democrat said he would step down once the current standoff between Congress and the White House over raising the U.S. debt ceiling is resolved.

"I cannot care for my family the way I wish while serving in Congress and fighting these very serious allegations," Wu said. "The well-being of my children must come before anything else."

On Friday, Portland newspaper The Oregonian reported that the daughter of one of Wu's fund-raisers accused him of unwanted sexual advances in May. Citing anonymous sources from inside the congressman's office, the Oregonian said the woman, whom it declined to name, left a voice-mail message at Wu's Portland office alleging aggressive advances.

According to the newspaper, the woman was 18 when the alleged incident took place in November and it was never reported to police.

With House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi seeking an ethics investigation after Friday's news and calls for his resignation mounting back home, the congressman's spokesman said Monday that he would not seek re-election and was "considering all options" regarding the rest of his term.

In February, the 56-year-old congressman disclosed that he had sought "professional medical care" after the Oregonian reported that campaign aides had confronted him over his erratic behavior and use of medication during his 2010 re-election bid.

"I fully acknowledge that I could have dealt with these difficult circumstances better, and I remain focused on being a good father to my children and a strong representative for the people of Oregon," he said at the time.

Wu's Portland-area district is heavily Democratic, and he won each of his races by double-digit margins.

Other political news of note AP
Rep. Wu resigning following sex allegations
Updated 31 minutes ago 7/26/2011 4:44:32 PM +00:00
NBC News has confirmed that Democratic Rep. David Wu of Oregon is resigning in the aftermath of allegations that he had a sexual encounter with an 18-year-old woman.

Wu, 56, a seven-term Democrat from Portland whose unusual behavior had been the subject of news stories earlier in the year, has said the encounter was consensual.
In a statement, he said, "I cannot care for my family the way I wish while serving in Congress and fighting these very serious allegations."..Wu continued, "The wellbeing of my children must come before anything else. With great sadness, I therefore intend to resign effective upon the resolution of the debt-ceiling crisis."

Wu continued, "The wellbeing of my children must come before anything else."

.............like taking pills "borrowed" from interns, getting drunk in a tiger costume, screwing teeagers, disappearing for days at a time, and generally acting like the idiotic arse I am.

Yeah, and that ex-Senator from Idaho, Larry Craig, now THERE was a paragon of pro-gun voting history! Proving that even politicians with unsound judgement can support the Second Amendment. How ironic. And irrelevant. Being a "liberal" (whatever the heck that is) is NOT a symptom of an unsound mind, nor an anti-gun bias, and only an irrational and ignorant bigot would claim so.......................elsullo

You don't see the relevance that a morally bankrupt degenerate is allowed to vote on your gun rights? And that he has consistently used the same morally bankrupt degenerate thought processor to vote against your gun rights? Really?

So when he's all packed up and outta there are they holding another election or something? Would it go to Ron Cornilles (fingers crossed)?

Special election. The date is set by the governor. Then the parties select candidates usually through a special primary. I believe they will use the old district lines and not the new ones.

Yeah, and that ex-Senator from Idaho, Larry Craig, now THERE was a paragon of pro-gun voting history! Proving that even politicians with unsound judgement can support the Second Amendment. How ironic. And irrelevant. Being a "liberal" (whatever the heck that is) is NOT a symptom of an unsound mind, nor an anti-gun bias, and only an irrational and ignorant bigot would claim so.......................elsullo

And there it is, cue the deflection and excuses for bad behavior. Geezus have you no sense of justice? It's shameful that you care more about partyline politics than morally outrageous behavior. No doubt you voted in Mayor Mcfeely after his pedophile denials too?

Big fail for Elsullo by being bigoted and calling me the bigot. I judged the man, you brought in the party line left vs right into it you hypocritical bigot!

Go back and check and then come back and apologize if you're man enough.

That fact that a radical anti-2nd A nut-job is going to be gone soon is all that really matters to me. However I do wish that the young lady that he molested would have pressed charges as there is a good chance that he will repeat those actions. :(

Yeah, and indulging in websites like "Dark Fetishes", and "Hanging Blondes" is a real sign of a sound mind with upright thoughts.... si? :s0084: :nuts:

Goodbye Mr. Wu-pooh.... don't go away mad... just go away you embarassing POS! :yes:

PS. if you disagree with me you are a biggoted, homophobic, racists, malingering, chauvinist. :s0081:

Maybe not but how you react (defend it) does.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads