JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Oh, since this WU is now accused of this:

Sources: Young woman accuses Oregon Rep. David Wu of aggressive, unwanted sexual encounter

Reporters could not verify the young woman's age. Notes on Facebook over the past 18 months indicate she graduated from high school in 2010. California records show she registered to vote in August.

Sources: Young woman accuses Oregon Rep. David Wu of aggressive, unwanted sexual encounter | OregonLive.com

I thought I would bring up David Wu's record on voting pro gun control.

David Wu on Gun Control
Democratic Representative (OR-1)

Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers.
A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others. A YES vote would:

Prohibit individuals from filing a qualified civil liability action
Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect
Dismiss of all civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment
Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition

Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-534 on Oct 20, 2005

Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse.
Vote to pass a bill that would prohibit liability lawsuits from being brought against gun manufacturers and dealers based on the criminal misuse of firearms. The bill would also block these actions from being brought up against gun trade organizations and against ammunition makers and sellers. The measure would apply immediately to any pending cases. Several specific exceptions to the ban exist. This includes civil suits would be allowed against a maker or dealer who "knowingly and willfully violated" state or federal laws in the selling or marketing of a weapon. Design and manufacturing defect lawsuits are also permitted when weapons are "used as intended.
Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill HR 1036 ; vote number 2003-124 on Apr 9, 2003

Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1.
Vote to pass a bill requiring anyone who purchases a gun at a gun show to go through an instant background check which must be completed within 24 hours [instead of 72 hours].
Reference: Bill introduced by McCollum, R-FL; Bill HR 2122 ; vote number 1999-244 on Jun 18, 1999

Prevent unauthorized firearm use with "smart gun" technology.
Wu adopted the manifesto, "A New Agenda for the New Decade":

Make America the "Safest Big Country" in the World
After climbing relentlessly for three decades, crime rates started to fall in the 1990s. Nonetheless, the public remains deeply concerned about the prevalence of gun violence, especially among juveniles, and Americans still avoid public spaces like downtown retail areas, parks, and even sports facilities.

We need to keep policing "smart" and community-friendly, prohibiting unjust and counterproductive tactics such as racial profiling; focus on preventing as well as punishing crime; pay attention to what happens to inmates and their families after sentencing; use mandatory testing and treatment to break the cycle of drugs and crime; and enforce and strengthen laws against unsafe or illegal guns. Moreover, we need a renewed commitment to equal justice for all, and we must reject a false choice between justice and safety.

Technology can help in many areas: giving police more information on criminal suspects so they do not rely on slipshod, random stop-and-search methods; allowing lower-cost supervision of people on probation or parole; and making it possible to disable and/or trace guns used by unauthorized persons.

Above all, we need to remember that public safety is the ultimate goal of crime policy. Until Americans feel safe enough to walk their neighborhood streets, enjoy public spaces, and send their children to school without fear of violence, we have not achieved public safety.

Goals for 2010
Reduce violent crime rates another 25 percent.
Cut the rate of repeat offenses in half.
Develop and require "smart gun" technology to prevent use of firearms by unauthorized persons and implement sensible gun control measures.
Ban racial profiling by police but encourage criminal targeting through better information on actual suspects.
Require in-prison and post-prison drug testing and treatment of all drug offenders.

Source: The Hyde Park Declaration 00-DLC11 on Aug 1, 2000

Rated F by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun control voting record.
Wu scores F by NRA on pro-gun rights policies

While widely recognized today as a major political force and as America's foremost defender of Second Amendment rights, the National Rifle Association (NRA) has, since its inception, been the premier firearms education organization in the world. But our successes would not be possible without the tireless efforts and countless hours of service our nearly three million members have given to champion Second Amendment rights and support NRA programs.

The following ratings are based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionaire sent to all Congressional candidates; the NRA assigned a letter grade (with A+ being the highest and F being the lowest).
Source: NRA website 02n-NRA on Dec 31, 2003

I have met this guy and can affirm that he is one arrogant, self centered, self promoting, steaming pile. I can not beleive that anyone who voted for him knows a thing about him. A perfect example of the polictical system today.
Thanks for posting.

While running for his first campaign, he talked of his past experience as a 'small businessman'. It was no surprise later to find out later that he was a lawyer.

I believe I read he was a patent lawyer. Guess his small business experience was being an owner of a law firm. Small businessman certainly sounds better than patent lawyer. Wu's behavior certainly seems fairly self-destructive. I thought his chances of getting reelected were slim before. Now I wonder if he will be in office that long.

Im ashamed to be in his voting district... Yes he is all that is listed above. I have written him on numerous issues, and typically its a " While we disagree on this issue, I will keep you thoughts in mind as I go to vote"..... (cough cough) I sure hope he gets the boot next election. I doubt with all his social entitlements/programs he pushes

Another resident of Wu-ville here. Have contacted him on several issues. David Wu will tell you anything he thinks is what you want to hear in order to get you to vote for him. I never have, and have never figured out why a majority of the voters in District 1 keep voting him in for another term. Time for him to GO, the sooner the better!

What's the over/under on his resignation? I put it at 45 days. He'll probably need to spend more time with his family bailiff.

I live in his district, am a Democrat, and have left my ballot blank for US House the last tfree elections. He garners a huge undervote.

It's time for David Wu to go. I'm ashamed that he is my representative in congress. I'm a registered Democrat in his district and I will be voting for someone other than David Wu.

If the only choice was Wu or a Republican when what ?

Won't happen this time. There's no way I see Wu making it to the general election.

On the off-chance that he does, though, I either do what I've done in the past (not vote that race) or vote for the Republican. Depends on the Republican.

I will be voting agains Wu in the primary (if he's still in the race). Just thinking about him in Congress makes me want to take a shower.

I would vote for the best candidate available regardless of political party.
If you value your 2nd Amendment Rights pretty much any candidate is better than Wu. He and Ginny Burdick would make great roommates. Not only are his positions on the issues repugnant but his personality is severely warped.

Oh, since this WU is now accused of this:

Sources: Young woman accuses Oregon Rep. David Wu of aggressive, unwanted sexual encounter | OregonLive.com

I thought I would bring up David Wu's record on voting pro gun control.

First things first: Wu is one big, bubble off plumb, ding dong. That said your quotes about his unwanted sexual encounter and then bringing up his past gun voting record sure seems to be a "end around" way to incite some bashing about an issue with a politician you most likely disagree with. What does his sexual encounter have to do with guns? I am curious how you would've approached this had he been an ardent 2A supporter?

Kevatc:
his unwanted sexual encounter and then bringing up his past gun voting record
and then
What does his sexual encounter have to do with guns?

You are kidding, right? If you can not connect these dots you do not understand politics in our country.
Why would you defend this bum?
Or maybe you are just trying an end around to stir up dust?

Kevatc:

You are kidding, right? If you can not connect these dots you do not understand politics in our country.
Why would you defend this bum?
Or maybe you are just trying an end around to stir up dust?

First things first: Wu is one big, bubble off plumb, ding dong.

Because of the filter I can't put in more colorful language that would more accurately describe Wu. Like I said the guy is a ding dong. I am not defending him on this or any issue. Let's remember who posted this story to begin with and who is trying to connect the dots between an unwanted sexual encounter with a young gal and his voting record on gun issues. Please explain to me the relevance of one to the other since you seem to be able to connect the dots and have a greater understanding of politics in this country.

Monday morning Oregonian newspaper says that Rep. Wu announced over the weekend that he would NOT resign, but would not run for re-election in 2012. He may be venal and mental, but he ain't no fool........................elsullo

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top