Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

David Wu on Gun Control and other issues

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Trlsmn, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Oh, since this WU is now accused of this:

Sources: Young woman accuses Oregon Rep. David Wu of aggressive, unwanted sexual encounter | OregonLive.com

I thought I would bring up David Wu's record on voting pro gun control.

2. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

I have met this guy and can affirm that he is one arrogant, self centered, self promoting, steaming pile. I can not beleive that anyone who voted for him knows a thing about him. A perfect example of the polictical system today.
    Thanks for posting.

3. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I believe I read he was a patent lawyer. Guess his small business experience was being an owner of a law firm. Small businessman certainly sounds better than patent lawyer. Wu's behavior certainly seems fairly self-destructive. I thought his chances of getting reelected were slim before. Now I wonder if he will be in office that long.

5. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

Is it really a surprise that Tiger Man dislikes guns ? Many of his furry four-legged relatives have been killed by guns.

rrojohnso and (deleted member) like this.
  6. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Im ashamed to be in his voting district... Yes he is all that is listed above. I have written him on numerous issues, and typically its a " While we disagree on this issue, I will keep you thoughts in mind as I go to vote"..... (cough cough) I sure hope he gets the boot next election. I doubt with all his social entitlements/programs he pushes

7. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Another resident of Wu-ville here. Have contacted him on several issues. David Wu will tell you anything he thinks is what you want to hear in order to get you to vote for him. I never have, and have never figured out why a majority of the voters in District 1 keep voting him in for another term. Time for him to GO, the sooner the better!

8. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

What's the over/under on his resignation? I put it at 45 days. He'll probably need to spend more time with his family bailiff.

I live in his district, am a Democrat, and have left my ballot blank for US House the last tfree elections. He garners a huge undervote.

9. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

It's time for David Wu to go. I'm ashamed that he is my representative in congress. I'm a registered Democrat in his district and I will be voting for someone other than David Wu.

10. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If the only choice was Wu or a Republican when what ?

11. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

Won't happen this time. There's no way I see Wu making it to the general election.

On the off-chance that he does, though, I either do what I've done in the past (not vote that race) or vote for the Republican. Depends on the Republican.

I will be voting agains Wu in the primary (if he's still in the race). Just thinking about him in Congress makes me want to take a shower.

12. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I would vote for the best candidate available regardless of political party.

13. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

If you value your 2nd Amendment Rights pretty much any candidate is better than Wu. He and Ginny Burdick would make great roommates. Not only are his positions on the issues repugnant but his personality is severely warped.

14. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

15. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

He must think he's a rock star...first drugs, and now young girls. Wu Wu!!

16. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

First things first: Wu is one big, bubble off plumb, ding dong. That said your quotes about his unwanted sexual encounter and then bringing up his past gun voting record sure seems to be a "end around" way to incite some bashing about an issue with a politician you most likely disagree with. What does his sexual encounter have to do with guns? I am curious how you would've approached this had he been an ardent 2A supporter?

17. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

Maybe we want to know if he is "shooting blanks"?

riverrat373 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

Kevatc:
    and then
    You are kidding, right? If you can not connect these dots you do not understand politics in our country.
    Why would you defend this bum?
    Or maybe you are just trying an end around to stir up dust?

19. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Because of the filter I can't put in more colorful language that would more accurately describe Wu. Like I said the guy is a ding dong. I am not defending him on this or any issue. Let's remember who posted this story to begin with and who is trying to connect the dots between an unwanted sexual encounter with a young gal and his voting record on gun issues. Please explain to me the relevance of one to the other since you seem to be able to connect the dots and have a greater understanding of politics in this country.

20. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Monday morning Oregonian newspaper says that Rep. Wu announced over the weekend that he would NOT resign, but would not run for re-election in 2012. He may be venal and mental, but he ain't no fool........................elsullo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.