JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So much fuss over someone that absolutely does not matter.
Maybe it's those huge 'guns' hiding under his sleeves that scare people.
Really! WGAF what this little boy is crying about.
He is nothing but an opportunist trying to ride the bodies of his classmates into some political position.
He's a parasite.:mad:

I think the latter is the start of a slippery slope to totalitarianism.
I was always a fan of the Mandatory Military Service. It was logical that it would instill much needed discipline in the young people of our country, especially living my whole life in the wake of the Woodstock numbnuts and where this Leftist garbage has brought us to.

Now I'm not so sure that would even be Constitutional (although still appealing), I'm no expert. It seems we need to go back to the basics of our Constitution and enforce the consequences of those who are trying to usurp it. Lack of consequences is killing us. :s0159:

I was always a fan of the Mandatory Military Service. It was logical that it would instill much needed discipline in the young people of our country, especially living my whole life in the wake of the Woodstock numbnuts and where this Leftist garbage has brought us to.

Now I'm not so sure that would even be Constitutional (although still appealing), I'm no expert. It seems we need to go back to the basics of our Constitution and enforce the consequences of those who are trying to usurp it. Lack of consequences is killing us. :s0159:

How about mandatory military service, AND/OR mandatory civil service? Civil service for those whom do not want to serve in the military, or are simply not qualified (for whatever reason). The civil service would need to be as near hardship as military service (work hours/ethics wise, so would be longer).

How about mandatory military service, AND/OR mandatory civil service? Civil service for those whom do not want to serve in the military, or are simply not qualified (for whatever reason). The civil service would need to be as near hardship as military service (work hours/ethics wise, so would be longer).
I question that any forced service is constitutional. Was/Is the draft? I don't know..any experts in constitutional law here?

6GJfZjUeUUkJLEi7eDcxv75S-efE2WBAG82EtaTvdHzvpLoFAw.jpg

I question that any forced service is constitutional. Was/Is the draft? I don't know..any experts in constitutional law here?
It is not stricrly constitutional, though it also cannot be challenged in any court, as it falls under War Powers and Admiralty law! In other words, while not addressed speciffically in the constitution, it can be defended by it through the power of Congress and the States militia laws!

And I repeat myself from earlier: I understand your sentiment but hiding in the shadows of it is a sincere hope that everyone will exit the process thinking about their freedoms as you do now. I can tell you that I've met my fair share of Peace Corp, Teach For America, and Military people and can assure you that perspectives are every bit as varied at the end of those services.

Voting is a power that has had to be wrestled from the grip of tyrants and political elite over time. The riffraff didn't get the vote initially - one had to be a wealthy gentleman. Everything we've done in western culture from that point is to enfranchise more citizens to vote, with less barriers as well.

My guess is that your system would very quickly devolve into one where only the existing political elite can pass, plus maybe one or two plebs to give the system the appearance of fairness. Today, it's any civil service. Tomorrow, it's only the Elite Political Service (or whatever it ends up being called), whose acceptance criteria would be stricter than an Ivy League. And at the end of the day? All you've done is recreate the system of the past in modern clothes and handed over your rights back to a new aristocracy.

You think it won't take long for your rights to dissolve then?

Power is power and giving the federal government the power to force a citizen unto some labor is a high crime against the sovereignty of the individual. We allow it in limited supply as punishment against those who have wronged society. What does it say about your system, whereby all individuals must partake regardless of crime?

I get it - you think that going through this process will socially construct one's views to be similar to yours. Are you really willing to allow the government that power?

It is not stricrly constitutional, though it also cannot be challenged in any court, as it falls under War Powers and Admiralty law! In other words, while not addressed speciffically in the constitution, it can be defended by it through the power of Congress and the States militia laws!
Thank You

For decades we "compromised" away a lot of rights and got little in return.

For the last few decades, however, some of our kind have gotten smart and stopped compromising and instead demanded rights.

For decades we "compromised" away a lot of rights and got little in return.

For the last few decades, however, some of our kind have gotten smart and stopped compromising and instead demanded rights.
Only one slight problem here, WE have not gotten any of those rights back, and unless something major happens ( Like SCOTUS rules on some major cases, and FORCES the States to follow the law) I doubt we will ever get any back!

I only hope we can stave off any more losses, and I really hope we don't have to have a revolution to get back our lost rights!

Like I said in another thread where some thought me a little pugnacious because I called the festering, rotting dogturds that run the GOP exactly what they are, the game is to start punching back, demand "concessions up-front" be passed "and then we'll come to the table" and then after they're passed say "thanks for the fish but no deal--how do YOU like holding the IOU on 'I'll Pay You Tuesday For A Cheeseburger Today?"

... we'll come to the table" and then after they're passed say "thanks for the fish but no deal--how do YOU like holding the IOU on 'I'll Pay You Tuesday For A Cheeseburger Today?"
Actually, Wimpy only ate hamburgers, and not cheeseburgers. I too am usually too cheap to spend an extra dollar or more just for a slice of cheese. ;)

Only allowing veterans the right to vote is right out of Starship Troopers. Service guarantees citizenship.

Maybe we should allow only taxpayers to vote. Instead of no taxation without representation, make it no representation without taxation. Only people who will end up paying the bills should be allowed to choose the politicians who will be spending the taxpayers' money. People who are on welfare and not paying income tax would not be able to vote for politicians who buy their votes by promising them bigger payments of other people's money.

Only allowing veterans the right to vote is right out of Starship Troopers. Service guarantees citizenship.

Maybe we should allow only taxpayers to vote. Instead of no taxation without representation, make it no representation without taxation. Only people who will end up paying the bills should be allowed to choose the politicians who will be spending the taxpayers' money. People who are on welfare and not paying income tax would not be able to vote for politicians who buy their votes by promising them bigger payments of other people's money.
You might have something there :s0155:

I've been advocating for a long time only bonafide tax payers get a vote, otherwise it's like giving the fox the keys to the henhouse...

:s0054:

I've been advocating for a long time only bonafide tax payers get a vote, otherwise it's like giving the fox the keys to the henhouse...

:s0054:

Amen to that. It's always easy to vote for higher taxes if you won't have to pay them. It's how the Dems get their tax hikes using class envy and Sin taxes
I believe Ben Franklin said it best

"When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's support."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews